I’m glad to announce you that NethServer HotSync 2.1.1 package has been released!
For a correct restore remember to update HotSync package on master and on slave host.
Here are release notes:
- HotSync: missing db and files cause errors - Bug NethServer/dev#6010
- Cockpit: add HotSync interface - NethServer/dev#5996
- HotSync: freepbx is not restored properly - Bug NethServer/dev#6008
- HotSync: permissions are not set properly on slave host - Bug NethServer/dev#6009
- HotSync: nsdc and machines.target status are not synced - Bug NethServer/dev#6011
- HotSync: avoid logs sync - NethServer/dev#6012
- HotSync: backup-data shouldn’t be executed on slave host - NethServer/dev#6013
- HotSync: improve promote action - NethServer/dev#6015
Principal bug solved:
- Freepbx restore is now working fine
- DC container starts on boot
- Permissions are set properly on slave host
- Cockpit interface
- Improved promote action
For a correct restore, it’s suggested to configure HotSync on two identical servers or two servers with same network cards number, name and position. If you restore master on a not identical slave server you can encounter some problems and you’ll have to fix it consulting troubleshooting section on docs.
If no internet connection is detected (e.g. you are restoring a firewall on a machine that was passing through crashed master for internet connection), the scripts will purpose you some options:
- Restore master network configuration (IMPORTANT: use this option only if two servers are identical - NIC number, names and positions must be identical)
- Fix network configuration from Cockpit GUI (if you are restoring on different hardware)
- Continue without internet: assign correct roles before proceed with this option. Some events could fails (not recommended)
else restore will start automatically. If you are restore on different hardware you could encounter DC errors.
Bear in mind that before execute
hotsync-promote, you should execute
hotsync-slavecommand at least one time on slave host (after executed
hotsynccommand on master host).
Next step will be to check all packages supported and add develop unsupported packages.
Docs with new informations and instructions will be released by @giacomo next week.
The update will be available in next hours. You can install it from Software Center or from CLI with
yum install -y nethserver-hotsync --enablerepo=nethforge