Nethserver Domain - how to view computers that have joined the domain

Hello Team,

Is there a place within the Nethserver GUI to view all computers have been joined to my Nethserver domain?

I know I can install on a Windows Server RSAT and see the computers that have joined.

Thank you.

@greavette

Hi Charles

If you want to see the AD-Members directly on your NethServer, the easiest way is to install Stephdl’s LDAP module:
https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=phpldapadmin

This will show you all AD Domain Members. No Windows needed! :slight_smile:

BTW:
RSAT can also be installed on a Windows 10 (or 7) PC, no need for a Windows Server!

My 2 cents
Andy

3 Likes

Thank you Andy for this handy tip! I’ll test this out to see how it goes using Stephdl’s LDAP module.

Good to know I can also use RSAT on Windows 10. I’m running a few services that required Server 2019 which I why I’m adding RSAT to that version for my GPO use.

Thanks!

@greavette

Hi Charles

I use both tools, but I find the PHPLDAPadmin tool (Activated “Kamikave Mode”) quite convenient to “clean up” AD from removed / dead PCs/Workstations.

Another practical tool to run on Windows 2019 or Windows 10 is “CodeTwo Active Directory Photos”. This allows any logged in domain adminstrator to easily add photos (Users) to active directory. These even show up in Nextcloud! This is freeware - and works well. Not Adware!

For users who don’t want photos - or “virtual users” like admin or administrator, I use the following:

Admin_135x135

AAA_User_135x135

The badge singifies “admin” rights… :slight_smile:

My two cent
Andy

2 Likes

For the old server-manager there is sambaStatus module:

It was partially ported into cockpit server-manager (file server / shared folders), but not the feature you requested.

1 Like