NethServer Domain Controller Integration With Azure AD

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing well, I have a question, we are thinking about using office 365 Business as a collaboration tool. I would like to know is there any way that we can synchronize NethServer users and groups with the Azure AD?

Kind Regards,
Hafiz

I’ve found, that it’s not possible directly, but as workaround you can setup a LDAP Server and sync both with LDAP.

As @m.traeumner stated before, LDAP is the way, but… i suggest you not use NethServer + LDAP as a Fileserver…

Hi @pike,

Thank you for your response, if we will use both systems, nethserver as a domain controller internally and Microsoft & Azure AD on the cloud for the users and email? is it a good approach to manage two different servers simultaneously instead of integrating both systems?

Kind Regards,
Hafiz

@adnanbutt0550 my opinion is that NethServer lacks of being “that” rich-feature SMB fileserver.
It works, and it works well, but most of the options and permission granularity are available only with NSDC/AD controller installed. This option currently is incompatible with external LDAP authentication capabilities.
Syncing userbase among Azure and Nethserver, IMVHO is not a good idea, but for someone is a viable option. I don’t know if there’s any kind of tool available for that.

These are personal opinions related to the info gave to me, finding a fitting solution is made of better knowledge of SAMBA and your current environment that currently i don’t have.

2 Likes