NethServer Docker 1.0.1 released

Need review and test I think, the purpose is to create a sub network to run your container on it

after that locally or externally your container will have an IP on your network

2 Likes

I’d like to test but how ? I’m not sure how to compile / create the package.

2 Likes

No need to create the package.

yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.8.2003/nethforge-autobuild/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-docker-1.0.1-1.8.pr12.g315adba.ns7.noarch.rpm

The urls to the packages are in the nethbot post:

1 Like

I again learned something today :blush: Txs

2 Likes

Why is this the Most confusing Conversation on this entire community forum for me.

Ok, i see solutions being made, as well as things going. but beyond installing the module and logging in, i dont know how to get anything to actually operate, so that i can be able to assign an IP address.

And these conversations seem way out of my league. What am i probably missing to better understand the conversations taking place here.

Am now even confused as to what pihole is altogether.

Probably because as things progress we discover unexpected behaviours. As @stephdl mentioned it all of this is a bit experimental - it was probably a bit early to release IMHO.

Google is your friend. Docker is a complex beast and you’ve to grasp the basics concepts or learning the hard way like I do :blush: Regarding pihole, it’s a network-level advertisement and Internet tracker blocking application that was primarily designed to run a raspberry pi and is also released as a docker container.

1 Like

yes and not…when it was released in testing…quite none tested it.

1 Like

@mrmarkuz I have been playing around with Docker on a NethServer instance on a Raspberry Pi 3 Band the only real difference is that docker works due to the fact that docker-ce isn’t in the armv7 repos and the only RPM which can be found for docker-ce is several months old at best.

Is it possible to repackage nethserver-docker so that it can work on the armv7 architecture?

I’ve been trying to get my docker setup work work consistently and be stable, but just can’t quite get it all working and playing nicely together (and its most probably me not getting the network and firewall stuff correct).

1 Like

Yes, I think so but I need to check…

1 Like

Well on my side it was not so simple, but this feature has been released to nethserver-docker-1.0.3

I need to make the documentation

:joy: :clap::clap::clap:

Will test that very soon, I’m missing my Pihole :blush:

I found when docker is restarted, then portainer has lost the connection to the docker socket, I need to restart portainer

This PR intends to do it, please I need review

1 Like

coming soon, I’m preparing each stone

waiting a review : docker macvlan documentation by stephdl · Pull Request #510 · NethServer/docs · GitHub

1 Like