NethServer Conference in Italy, Sept 29-30 2017

Slideshare and others services support just PDF format. I think that the main goal is to see the slides regardless of the format :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well my ones are html- so open as possible- I´ḿ´úśíńǵ´á´ḱíńd of mindmap designed with Inkscape and Sozi- both open source software. I know it is new, but I would not be liked to be forced to use conventional “slideing”. Open Source is inovation and that means gviing new ideas a chance. Correct me if I´ḿ´ẃŕóńǵ.

1 Like

PS as far as I know pdf is Adobe, is´ńt it?

@iglqut,
The Portable Document Format was originally created by Adobe but has since been reversed engineered for use with any “copy-left” EULA (ie. can be incorporated into an existing open source, GNU / GPL compliant application).

However you do need an Adobe provided EULA if you wish to use existing Adobe owned tools to create PDF documents.

That being said there are a small number of things (which you may never use) that you do need an Adobe licence for, most specifically if you want to create documents with ‘enhanced usage rights’.

A document with enhanced usage rights (which are enabled by the document being digitally signed using a secret key inside Adobe products / tools) allows features normally only found in Adobe Standard / Professional to be used in Adobe Reader when viewing that PDF. In particular some features for filling out, adding comments to and saving PDF forms can only be used if the user owns a Std / Pro version of Adobe, or if a Std / Pro user has digitally signed the document.