NethServer Collabora Online

Hi, i am glad to announce that Collabora Online Development Edition have been landed on Netforge testing repository.

Special thanks to @mrmarkuz and @giacomo.

Related Github issue: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5700
Package repository: https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-collabora

Some screen shots:

11 Likes

Great work! I tested it on a VM and it works like a charm. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Installed on a production machine: it works great!

2 Likes

Sorry to necropost here, I hope the creator of the NS package can help.
I deployed an instance of NethServer and added NextCloud and Collabora incantations to it. It works pretty well (considering all is deployed on a physical Core 2 Duo E7500-based PC), but the user are complaining about documents not having support for italian formats (dates, decimal numbers, etc.).

As you can see from this screenshot, the UI of the Collabora interface is correctly localized (they are using italian language, check out the menu titles), although for some strange reasons part of the interface uses different language/formats (I shown the “Format cells” dialog in the screenshot).

Same file, other NC + Collabora instance (this one is based on docker), and the situation is slightly different and has correct behaviour:

It may be a slight issue inside NC, but I don’t have any clue on where to check for difference. I tried diffing the /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml file but I didn’t find any meaningful differences.

I also tried to check out if loolwsd has some errors when loading the “Format cells” dialog, but only received a warning:

Oct 06 14:45:59 docs.app.lcl loolwsd[32351]: wsd-32351-32366 2019-10-06 12:45:59.000550 [ websrv_poll ] WRN  FileServerRequestHandler: File not found: Invalid URI request: [/loleaflet/173510f/images/ui-icons_888888_256x240.png].| wsd/FileServer.cpp:425

CODE versions are also slightly different: this is the NS one:

And this is the docker image one:

Still I don’t think it is a version issue.

Do you have any clues on where I should start searching for the issue?

The system might be missing additional language packages (rpm). Or they have incomplete translations.

2 Likes

That’s exaclty that! I thought I have checked before the language packages, but evidently used the wrong commands. To fix the issue, I had to manually install the packages collaboraofficebasis6.0-it and collaboraoffice6.0-dict-it (the latter is optional, but it is needed if you want to enable syntax checking) and restart loolwsd service (not sure it was required).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :slight_smile:

2 Likes