Nethserver-arm 7.7.1908 images for testing

No ideas why the NS setup kills the network? The problem looks a little bit like those after installing NS on top of Centos in a LXC container.
Unfortunately my board runs headless. So I can only connect through ssh or I have to mount the emmc chip on a different PC in order to read the log or to manipulate any files.

Oke this complicates things…
Did you have a fixed or a DHCP IP before you ran nethserver-install?

Maybe you are bitten by the same thing which I though was specific to the RPI-4.

If it was DHCP you may salvage your install by editing either the eth0-icfg script or manualy creating a simlink to enable networkmanager. For the latter you probably need to chroot the ROOTFS on your emmc chip.

I would try to go with editing ../etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (assuming the network interface defaulted to eth0) to kickstart the network and provide something of the like off :

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=w.z.y.z
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

in which w.x.y.z needs to be a valid ipadres in your network.

NOTE: this hack will be over written if you change the network configuration in nethserver.
So if you succeed provide a valid (FIXED-IP) setup in ns asap :sweat_smile:

BTW: I can highly recommend to get a hardkernel serial-to-usb converter for headless tinkering :grinning:

1 Like

Nope. Your hint looked promising but it doesn’t work, unfortunately.
Again with Centos 7 alone everything works. And once the NS installation has completed with the final “system init” game is over.
I think I give up now. But thank you anyway.

2 Likes

if someone want to test it (especially on x86_64, where nothing should change):

# cp /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-status/read /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-status/read.bak
# curl -o /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-status/read https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dz00te/nethserver-cockpit/master/api/system-status/read && chmod +x /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-status/read

tnx!

3 Likes

anybody have the passoword by root, in this img, thxs!!

1 Like

The password is whatever you set it to during installation. If you did an unattended installation, I believe the root password is Nethesis,1234.

3 Likes

@danb35 is right : password is Nethesis,1234

Please also note there are (final) Nethserver 7.8.2003 images available too: Releases · NethServer/arm-dev · GitHub

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: NethServer on Rock64 ARM board