Nethserver + AD + XCP

NethServer Version: 7.7.1908
Module: AD/Samba

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to get Nethserver Account Provider via “Create domain and become DC” AD working. As I’ve learned, it’s delivered within a container that requires interfaces to be in promiscuous mode within the XCP environment.

I’ve followed a Citrix procedure that describes putting interfaces from pif to vif in promiscous mode, but am unable to get a new AD deployment to occur within the Nethserver UI.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? Any ideas or recommendations?

Hi Paul,

welcome to Nethserver Community.

What exactly is not working? Joining a client to AD? Did you get any errors?

@Axel, do you have some hints about promiscuous mode with XCP to use Nethserver AD?

Thanks for reply.

As described, I am trying to create an AD domain using the Web UI. There is no error that I can see, the form captures the domain name, netbios name and the desired IP. The form closes, and an orange “begin transaction” occurs, followed by some “end transaction”, the previously completed form is returned, and a spinner centered in the bottom of it. It would sit there indefinitely.

tcpdump shows 3 hits for who-has on provided IP above.

I’ve followed the Citrix procedure in the OP, enabled promisc from the bare-metal/physical, all the way into Nethserver and I never see that container traffic. I was going to fool with it tonight; trying to use a bridge interface within the Nethserver guest to see it can be compelled that way.