NethServer 8: wishlist for the conference

Sorry for the blur!

I meant FreeRadius with the identification on Username / Password of LDAP or Samba4 DC.

And a reasonable alternative for SOGO, my personal favorite would be Horde.

But once I’m on the addendum, the GUI just rethinking on logical - clear - functionality.

We have the “best tools” on board for many conceivable scenarios, but without a console you can not fully use them (sometimes only very limited).

Here are some examples:

• wants to remove machine account in Samba again, or just want to look which are created - console
  • eJabberd - integrate external servers - console
  • set up another email server as MX backup - console
  • AutoMX console
  • FireWall - Unlock Port and Bind to Services - Console

and a few more!

Whereby I have to say, we have a huge piece of software that works great!

I complain on high level, but I have convinced colleagues and friends that these NS need to be happier in their lives, and then they have to set some things by console - that was a culture shock for you.

But after the basic setup - it works and they are happy!

Therefore, less new feature but the existing possibilities optimize.

I agree that it would be convenient to have these options through a (web)GUI. But these are not trivial to implement. Although I think nethserver-phpldapadmin module sohould be able to do the job on deleting a machine account in Samba4 account provider phpldapadmin [NethServer Wiki]

1 Like

I realize that, but that’s important.
The range of functions now covers a large number of areas, and now would be a good time to improve handling.
The big construction sites are serviced, now the details of the so-called fine grinding come.

1 Like

I agree- Is some kind of a standard.

And I would repeat to think ablout Implementation of anydoc for collabrative office, or equal and possible a CRM like Odoo as modules. Would make NS even more outstanding then it is already :wink: .
I know more and more people founding companies, who would really aprechiate such a egg laying woll milk pig.

It isn’t anydoc (with which I’m not familiar), but there’s already a module out for OnlyOffice inside Nextcloud–this might do what you’re looking for. Though I’d still like to see a reverse proxy arrangement so it doesn’t need a non-standard port.

There’s also a module for Horde, though it’s in a fairly early state.

2 Likes

My mistake- sorry.
But as a dumb user I´d like to have it installed from the GUI (NS or Cockpit- whatever it will be in the future) directly -just wishing. And afaik you have to set up also an OnlyOffice Server!? The Nextcloud Module only links it to the Users?!

2 Likes

The module sets up the OnlyOffice server for you. But you’re right, it isn’t (yet) a pushbutton installation.

2 Likes

Wishes: whats about a GUI Implementation for editing and making Cron Tasks?

There already is one:

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=crontab

2 Likes

wow- didn´t knew it

But is there a tool to see existing cron job´s e.g. hotsync?

Seems there is no easy way, I found some links:

Webmin can…

2 Likes

I doubt it can on NethServer because of the e-smith templating engine.
Webmin directly edits config files. E-smith will regenerate config files at each service restart and reboot.

1 Like

L2TP. Part of my little dreams.

Yea, SSH in and crontab -l

…which doesn’t show everything. It shows the user’s crontab, but not the system crontab, or the cron.{daily,weekly,etc} files, or probably a few others.

1 Like

Nope. :slight_smile:

Root crons: crontab -l
User crons: crontab -u username -l
Daily crons: ls -la /etc/cron.daily/
Hourly crons: ls -la /etc/cron.hourly/
Weekly crons: ls -la /etc/cron.weekly/
Monthly crons: ls -la /etc/cron.monthly/
etc…
Also you can set up filters for specific crons if you know the name.

Backup (data) - more than one Destination?

example:
Mon - NFS share
Tue - USB disk

Maybe also a hookscript - bevor and after the Backup?

1 Like

Samba share drive mappings for Windows clients ?

Smeserver-tw-logonscript

My wish QUOTAS!!! don’t forget the QUOTAS!!!, They are necessary on big data systems.

Also a backup sistem with rsync_tmbackup.sh. That’s all folks!!!