Nethserver 8 - Relay access denied

**NethServer Version:8
**Module: Mail

I can’t seem to understand how NethServer 8 is determining when to block and when to allow relaying of emails.

I have two systems that send emails using a no-reply account I created. I’m using port 587. One system works with no issues and the other keeps getting rejected with Relay access denied. I’ve deleted and re-created the no-reply account to see if my migration from version 7 was the issue, but that didn’t seem to help.

I can add the no-reply account to Outlook (as a test) and I’m able to send messages. I used the same information to setup SMTP in outlook as I used in my system that isn’t working.

I’ve poked around a lot in the web interface to try and figure out if I can adjust relay settings, but the web interface is very simple. Maybe there’s command line options?

I’m hoping somebody can help me figure this out.

Hello @Zepheris would it be OK if you could describe your situation in a way someone could try to reproduce, so as to better understanding and diagnost the issue.

hi @oneitonitram, Thank you for the reply. You’re right, I didn’t provide enough information to warrant an answer.

I did however have a colleague help me find the following post

This was exactly my issue. I needed to configure the email module to allow relaying of messages from my internal subnet. It appears that for now, the web interface doesn’t have any way for me to add relay subnets or IPs. The command

runagent -m mail1 podman exec postfix sqlite3 /srv/pcdb.sqlite 'INSERT INTO mynetworks (network) VALUES("192.168.1.0/24");'

is what I needed to solve my issue.