Nethserver 6.8 SOGo 2.3.10-1 and Mac OSX El Capitan

Hi,
I would like to confirm that it’s possible to make a successful connection from Apple El Capitan IMAP, ICAL and addressbook to SOGo 2.3.10-1 on Nethserver 6.8 release using self signed certificate.
First you have to start with an IMAP account definition for e-mail.
When successful then you will have to accept a self signed certificate. Do it and add it to your Keychain.

Then add a SOGo calendar and addressbook accounts.

2 Likes

Thanks for your info and time.
Can you add more details on your configuration so we can write a good howto for our wiki?

Not sure whether this is a true NethServer howto.

More an OS X/macOS howto, since NethServer provides standards based services:

• IMAP using Dovecot;
  • SMTP using Postfix;
  • CalDAV and CardDAV using SOGo.

These services are supported by OS X/macOS using Mail.app, Calendar.app and Contacts.app (or several third party equivalents).

But NethServer is a proper OS X server replacement!

1 Like

I love to hear this, we should go further on this matter. Can you provide me some info so I can write a post about NethServer as OSX replacement? feel free to kick off a new topic at any time

Nethserver is a better yet Os X Server replacement with Avahi and AFP ( Time Capsule ).:sunglasses:

Can you provide me some info so I can write a post about NethServer as OSX replacement? feel free to kick off a new topic at any time

No problem, just have to see when I have the time to do so.

1 Like

Thank you man, I’d appreciate it.

One NethServer with Owncloud+ Roundcube combo is good to to replace a OS X server too.

THere’s lot of how to to make Owncloud and rouncube running together.
So:

• Mail ( Rouncube )
  • Adress book ( native Owncloud )
  • Agenda ( native Owncloud )
  • Storage ( native Owncloud ) icloud drive ( with the Webdav Navigator app).

I’m using this combo with my hosting provider.
Is a great alternative, or addition to iCloud :slight_smile:

1 Like