The reason for I have asked to force external login with the email account instead of the user account, with SOGo (and maybe Roundcube but SOGo is my preference):
The goal: Email server for multiple (different) domains.
- The NS is used only as a email server (hosting for multiple email domains, no PDC or/and AD Integration).
- Only the following services will be enabled for the user accounts: Mailbox and Password Expiration (no Shared Folders - Samba).
Because NS is not designed (yet) for this function (complete separate domains), all users (user accounts) are in the same place. In this case, we cannot create two (or more) users with the same account.
I give you an working example:
In a national project, I must set an email server (I prefer to do this with NS) for about 70 email domains. At least one email address will be contact@domain(1,2,3,…70).ro
I can only create users for each domain, like this:
user: contact.domain 1 with the email: email@example.com
user: contact.domain 2 with the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
user: contact.domain 70 with the email: email@example.com
It’s easy and better to login in SOGo with the email address than the user account.
I think I will create a new post in Feature section with this goal (NS as Email server for multiple (different) domains with SOGo), because there are others request for this:
- separate Adress Book for each domain (@Nas : http://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1001), or if is not possible, how to hide this for all domains.
- sorting Users and Email addresses by “Domain” ( Sorting Users and Email addresses by "Domain" ).
- enable DSN on Postfix (@filippo_carletti: Enable DSN on Postfix).
- how can I use in browser: mail.maydomain.ro instead https://mail.mydomain.ro/sogo?
- mailgraph (@filippo_carletti ) or AWstats (@giacomo ).
And maybe there are more requests and/or others who are interesting for this goal.
And why not, NS as multiple separate domains email server!