MS SQL server connection error

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.9.2009 (final)
**Module:**MS SQL server Express

Hi,

I installed MS SQL server my Nethserver and I can connect it MS SQL Server Management Studio used SA and with his password.

But I can’t connect when I try to connect with my own client program. I see an error message in the log:

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x80090308, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The operating system error code indicates the cause of failure. The token supplied to the function is invalid [CLIENT: 192.168.1.72]
Error: 18452, Severity: 14, State: 1.
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Integrated authentication. [CLIENT: 192.168.1.72]

User (SA) and password are the same.

What could be the cause of the error?

Thanks and Regards

No one has any ideas? No one using MS SQL on Nethserver?

I really need help because I can’t use the new program…

Thanks for any ideas.

Your “own” client program?
You wrote it?
Who supports it?
Who set permissions for access?

I don’t think anyone can provide support for something unknown…

Either more information, or no one is interested in helping…

My 2 cents
Andy

@Andy_Wismer
My problem is that I can connect with SA user and password using MS SQL Server Management Studio or sqlcmd. For both, I enter the IP address of the Nethserver and I can connect.

I would like to test a new program instead of the Firebird-based program already mentioned in another topic. This new program uses MS SQL, but I am not familiar with Windows MS SQL connection.
The program asks for machine name and the name of the database manager (?). Eg HOSTNAME\MSSQLEXPRESS.

I enter the IP address or the FDQN of the Nethserver (locally directed to its IP address) and I get the error described.

I don’t understand, and because of the holiday, the developer of the program will only be available towards the weekend, but I’m afraid he won’t be able to help with this…

That’s why I’m looking for someone who uses MS SQL on Linux and Nethserver.

It’s probably a bug on your new program, so only the programmer can help you here.
If Microsoft’s program(s) has no issues accessing MS-SQL on NethServer Linux, I say all other MS conform SQL programs WILL work - MS-SQL on Linux IS supported by Microsoft!

My 2 cents
Andy

@Andy_Wismer
Thank you for your reply. I am sure that someone has already encountered the problem and can help until the programmer is available.

I looked for the error on the Internet, but the described solutions did not help.
Unfortunately, I don’t have much time…

Thank you very much for your helpfulness.

Without knowing the used client, no one here or on any other forum will be able to help you.

Good luck anyways!

Anything from Microsoft showing a Backslash is not likely using DNS names or FQDN, but rather so called NetBIOS names (No dot or other separator, a “flat” structure).

So here, a FQDN is wrong, even if it points to the right server-IP.

I would assume that your (unnamed) client is requiring a typical Microsoft style
NetBIOS-Name/User-Name combo, giving auth information…

→ IP\SA (SA being the user doing the connection to MS-SQL) might be more successful…

My 2 cents
Andy

Sorry, I wrote it wrong. A NetBIOS name, not an FQDN, is required for connection.

1 Like

It’s not a database manager, it’s the database instance so you may try YOURSERVERNAME\MSSQLSERVER

MSSQLSERVER is the default instance name.