More than the in LDAP registered User in the Nextcloud Admin Console

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003
Module: Nextcloud latest Edition

Hi Friends,

I just installed Nethserver,Nextcloud, Webtop, OnlyOffice and a few other things on the machine and then installed LDAP as account provider, activated the admin account and created an additional user. So far, so good … I now log in to Nextcloud as Admin and look at the number of users under the user button, I see more than just three. You can see that in the picture.
What is the reason for that?

Regards…

Uwe

@transocean

Hallo Uwe

You are using LDAP on NethServer, not AD, is that correct?

What does your LDAP filter look like. I’m using NethServer-AD for Auth, both act a bit different…

It seems the same user show up several times (at least 6x!), you can verify that all the “admin” users are the same, with the LDAP UID ending in ba27…

One option you have is to install the phpldapadmin module from Stephdl, and verify your users in there…

My 2 cents
Andy

Hi Andy,

with phpldapadmin i can see only two users. Me self and the admin. So far, so normal i think.

Regards…

Uwe

That all sounds correct…

Try removing Nextcloud (completly, incl LDAP & DB entries) and reinstalling it after a reboot…
But what does your LDAP filter look like? (Screenshots)

Andy

I generally use a group (nextcloud-users) which I add as a requirement in the users tab of the LDAP - even though I’m using NethServer-AD.

The only difference I notice is the Base-DN, yours as LDAP based is shorter than mine which is AD based. Both look correct.

I’d try uninstalling NextCloud, and reinstalling. That has often helped, especially after the 7.8.2003 update…

See PM…

Hi,

NS is fresh now on brandnew Hardware and also the Software like NC Webtop and all the others. But the problem is still the same like before. Furthermore i have some errors in the NC logs:

Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T18:31:39+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T18:30:17+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T17:39:03+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T16:53:59+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T16:05:20+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T15:52:34+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T12:38:28+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209 2020-06-19T12:29:00+0200
Error PHP session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#209

These error messages are new and were not in the old installation.

A solution is welcome.

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

It’s already fixed but we have to wait for 19.0.1:

3 Likes

The .0 disease… Affects every software.

2 Likes

Hi,

so i will wait for 19.0.1. Thanks@all for the help.

Uwe

1 Like