Mirrorlist.txt files missing from Centos and Centos-base

Continuing the discussion from Moving (?) from Zentyal to nethserver:

1 Like

I found mirror list sources at Centos and created new mirrorlist.txt files for Centos and Centos-update. This brought the non-working software center back, and also got updates working again. Not sure why those two mirror list files disappeared.

This seems unusual. Each night, the mirrorlist.txt files in /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/centos-base/ and …/centos-update/ are being deleted. This in turn causes the software center to fail. I guess I’ll examine the logs to see if I can discover what process is removing the mirrorlist files.

what do you do to make them reappear, a simple ‘yum update’.

sometime when you see something not normal it is advised to do a bug report, can you fill one http://dev.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver

provide all interesting logs and errrors with the list of installed rpm (rpm -qa | grep nethserver)

Yum update doesn’t work, of course, because it depends on the mirrorlist.txt files to know where to get the updates from. What I did is created my own mirrorlist.txt file from information I found on the Centos site, then I FTPed into NethServer and restored these files. This makes software center center work temporarily until Centos deletes the files again.

I had thought about turning in a bug report, but thought it would be better first to see if anyone else had seen this problem before. The problem is happening on both of my NS machines, which use different hardware but are configured with the same modules and settings. I suspect the specific combination of modules and settings that I’m using has turned up an unusual bug.

fill a bug with with all your installed nethserver-module and extrapackage, with maybe your backup config…sure it is not normal but in the other hand nethgui doesn’t manage the yum mirorrlist therefore an extra package of the distro could do that.

I have not seen your issue here.