Migrate users from Zentyal (3.x) to NethServer

Does somebody know if it’s possible to migrate users from zentyal (3.x) to neth, including usernames and PW?
Maybe from a config backup?

Hi Pascal and welcome,
I do not know if it is possible to import users.
You can try to join the Z 3.x server as a slave to NS master and then see if the users are migrated. (or manual via export of users and import but I do not know if it is also possible)

Maybe somebody with more LDAP knowledge can tell you.

Best regards
Bogdan

If zentyal is configured as slave it will delete all users/groups.
So some kind of ldap export import would be helpful. But my ldap skills are limited.

It seems to that ldap tree is wery different, you could check it with phpldapadmin , i wrote about it installation or use Ldapadmin for Win or Apache directory studio for linux or Mac. I suppose that you could try some export import above this utils . AFIK there is option in NS that you could import users from CSV file;)

So first You need export to ldif , then you could grub all passwords from users

1 Like

nice thank’s. I’ll try it out and report if it’s working.

NS can be a DC in a NT style, so I guess that zentyal would not connect to it as it expects a AD DC.

Could you export user on csv file? If it’s possibile then you can import them on NethServer

I’ll check it out, but what about the passwords I guess they are hashed. Is it possible to import the hashed passwords?

I don’t think so

@Pascal_Michard as i have already said you could do it from LDAP , export from Zentyal edit for impoting password section only for users :slight_smile:

OK, thanks. I’ll try.

Give some export string for making script, it could be very usefull, maybe could integrate to WEB

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Classic_Upgrade_(NT4-style_domain_to_AD)

"The migration from an NT4-style domain to Active Directory is one way! This means that once your clients contact your migrated AD Domain Controller, they will never be able to access the NT4-style domain again - even if you roll back your changes!It’s highly recommended, that before you do the migration, you should test the upgrade process in a separate network from your production! This enables you to avoid unnecessary downtime through unpredictable problems and it won’t have any effect on your existing network