Microsoft Edge is dead

3 Likes

Viva Microsoft Edge :smiley:

Ma anche no :stuck_out_tongue: (If someone knows how to translate the sentence in English…)

3 Likes

I won’t mis it. Never used it anyways. (and I doubt I will ever use the MS version of Chrome)

The only usage I made was to download firefox…so RIP

2 Likes

What’s up! Why don’t use curl ou wget?
Or « the store »… (yes! I’m a capitalist victim )

No edge on linux so I never needed to use Edge, not even to download firefox or chromium. (btw, a yum install firefox does the trick too)

1 Like

Yeah…I admit my ultim fault. I use from time to time a window. Either for my company or to test some features on development.

But I have a secret to support this pain

4 Likes

And Mozilla’s take: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/12/06/goodbye-edge/

1 Like

Thank you for this; a other view is Google gets more (all?) grip on our internet…

EDIT:
note it is not that harsh; basically all bowers, except firefox, are going to be based on the webkit framework :grinning:
Which is not bad in respect to normalization, however keep in mind the “linux community” tended to despise the necessary(?) api breakage .

Although I have used firefox a LOT and for a very long time, I recently switched to (de-googled) chromium. IMO it is more privacy friendly.
I am investigating tor browser, but am not sure yet if it is for me…

What is the story on Brave?

I’m using Waterfox for most of the sites right now.

In some cases I have to use Chrome :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: