Mattermost config file location

Hello @support_team,

I’ve begun testing Mattermost on my Nethserver. Was very impressed that I was able to use Jitsi and have video confrencing setup in minutes through Mattermost!

But I’ve done a dumb thing and now I need your help. In my Mattermost console settings I enabled email authentication so everytime I login I need to verify from my email on file that it’s me. BUT it doesn’t look like I setup a proper SMTP account to receive that email. I’m looking to setup the SMTP manually on Mattermost so I’m looking for the location of the mattermost/server/config/ directory on Nethserver to look at the config.json file. Any ideas where I can find it?

Also, is anyone aware of how through the command line I can edit settings on Mattermost running on Nethserver. I’ve read that I may be able to edit the console settings (turn off the email verification).

If this all fails…would it be possible for me to remove Mattermost and purge it and then re-install it? Is this an option and if so how do I purge Mattermost from Nethserver to start over?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

/opt/mattermost/config/config.json

Show config (outputs config.json)

/opt/mattermost/bin/mattermost config show

Disable mail verification:

/opt/mattermost/bin/mattermost config set EmailSettings.RequireEmailVerification false

See also Mattermost CLI documentation

See How do I reset Mattermost? - #2 by mrmarkuz

2 Likes

Thanks very much @mrmarkuz, this is exactly the commands I needed to fix my problem. :slight_smile:

A further question regarding the management of Mattermost. The FQDN I chose when I first setup Mattermost was more of a test name I chose without thought of Mattermost being a tool that would be useful for us to use. But now that I’ve tested Mattermost I’m seeing it very useful so I’d like to see if we can change the FQDN name I assigned. What is the process to change the name? Do I update the name I chose in Nethserver or do I need to purge and recreated Mattermost on Nethserver?

Thank you.

1 Like

Mattermost uses a virtual host. Changing the virtual host name in the Server Manager in the Mattermost configuration should do it.

1 Like

Yep, it was that easy! :slight_smile:

Thanks @mrmarkuz

1 Like