Make-rpms fails with an error

Trying to build an rpm package, I receive an error:

. Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘xt_ndpi-kmod-2.8.1-1.16.g9370ad4.ns7.src.rpm\r’

Pay attention to the trailing “\r”. I think that the problem appeared after I upgraded to Fedora 31.
I have:
mock-1.4.21-1.fc31.noarch
nethserver-mock-1.6.0-1.ns7.noarch

To workaround the problem @giacomo suggested this change:

-srpm=$(basename "$(grep '^Wrote: ' build.log | tail -1 )")
+srpm=$(basename "$(grep '^Wrote: ' build.log | tail -1 | tr -d '\r')")
2 Likes

Added PR

@dev_team I would like to upgrade to fedora31 this wk, do you have other eastern eggs like above for me ???

Than in advance for your warnings and tips

I have no issues now that I run Fedora Silverblue :smile_cat:

Everything runs in a container - not only AD :clown_face:

2 Likes

I did not fin a new rpms for nethserver-mock, the last one was created in september, obviously the bug is not patched. you have to install the version from nethserver-testing

[ ] nethserver-mock-1.6.0-1.ns7.noarch.rpm 2019-09-26 07:35 27K

I found when I tried to install the update of nethserver-makrpms a file conflict

Erreur : Transaction test error:
  le fichier /usr/bin/issue-refs de l'installation de nethserver-makerpms-1.1.0-1.ns7.noarch entre en conflit avec le fichier du paquet nethserver-mock-1.6.0-1.ns7.noarch

same with the rpm nethserver-mock from testing

Erreur : Transaction test error:
  le fichier /usr/bin/issue-refs de l'installation de nethserver-makerpms-1.1.0-1.ns7.noarch entre en conflit avec le fichier du paquet nethserver-mock-1.6.0-1.4.gd532ee6.ns7.noarch

The mock based one is still the best if you install on NethServer 7 itself. As you’re installing on Fedora 31 give a try to nethserver-makerpms from the testing repo: it already fixes some python3 compatibility issues

I need both installed, when I upload rpms to my repo I want to change the dist to ns7.sdl, furthermore I have time to time a bug with makerpms when I use it for development, after some builds it doesn’t fetch the last commit to build the rpm…and I break my head on the keyboard why it doesn’t work

You only need to ask… :wink:

Sounds strange… I found issues with podman updates, usually fixed by removing (as root) the .local/container/ folder in my homedir.

1 Like

yes I saw that the script could take more options…a PR could come :slight_smile:

I saw that also release-tag of nethserver-mock fails due to issue-refs in fedora31 (missing python3 shebang probably), I needed to take the version of nethserver-makerpms to release nethserver-sogo

3 Likes

Both were merged! You can find a new package from the testing repo

2 Likes