Mailling-list think tank

I would be interested if a mailling-list could worth a module for ns.

Do you use one, which one…

1 Like

Hi,
what advantage over our community (forum) do you see?

I know that a mailling-list software (like mailman, sympa) is a bit old now, but you have a lot of projects who work with it. Therefore my question…Otherwise we could imagine a software like phplist for something more oriented newsletter

1 Like

yes, probably mailing-list are not so much used anymore… anyway, i’m old, and i think that mailman on NS would be really nice :grin:

1 Like

I agree too…i’m old :’(

2 Likes

Hi Stephane,
I made a mistake, you would add it as a module, not instead of the nethserver forum. Sorry.
But perhaps we can add a forum module too.

Honestly, I didn’t get so many requests for a mailing list module, people are moving toward something like that

https://docs.mattermost.com/install/install-rhel-71.html

Except the rpm to do for mattermost (and follow the versions) it doesn’t seem so hard

1 Like

I’m looking for a volunteer who can help me to write a good howto :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I might be interrested as i will start this week to work on a sympa implementation with LDAP + CAS SSO.

Let me know…

3 Likes

A bit of update,

I manage to have the sympa mailling list working fine except few things like:

• systemctl restart sympa let on process runninng which block updating configuration

• Add stuff on postfix using e-smith template was fine

• at the end my mails are comming fine but don’t show up on the sympa webinterface

• LDAP+CAS Works fine if you have a valid ssl on the ldap like an letsencrypt one.

• I used the official Sympa documentation as refferal.

3 Likes