Mail dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>

Hello,

We are facing an issue to connect outlook client on nethserver. Any ideas?

mail dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=10.39.100.110, lip=10.39.110.150, session=

thank you

Hi,
which “name” of Outlook are you using (ex 2016)
which version of Outlook are you using (ex 16.0.15831.20098)

I can verify that your Outlook is using IMAP (well… the level of IMAP that Microsoft allows) from the error and i can deduce that your client should be connected via LAN…

Hello,

I am using outlook 2019 O365.
Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20098) 64 bit

Yes that’s correct I am trying to connect via LAN. Thunderbird is working.

Thanks.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-released-update-v2211-build-1583120190/bf69d9fe-d715-4826-bf25-a125de9904fa
Fresh release from Microsoft as O365. I would bet that before still not happened and… only from a few days.
Which connection metod is Outlook using?
TLS + port 993 or STARTTLS + port 143?
I’d try to switch to the other one as diagnostic test.
Is used also an antivirus with mail filtering capabilities (and without outlook integration?)

Few workarounds possible

Option 1: ask to Microsoft how rollback to previous version
Option 2: wait for a patch from Microsoft or Dovecot project (i won’t bet on issue on mailserver side)
Option 3: if the error is unbearable, consider a temporary or definitive switch to webmail and/or Thunderbird or emClient.

This is a new fresh installation on beta enviroment.

I am using both ports and pop3/imap to test and not able to connect with the same error. No I don’t have any antivirus firewalls etc.

thanks.

Finally it works with the below.

STARTTLS 857
SSL/TLS 993 or STARTTLS 143

Thanks.

“good” and usual settings for any IMAP client.
Outlook sometimes thinks “knows best”, most of the times does not know that much; i started hating deeply Outlook 2019 when was quite tough to tell it “i know how to setup my mailbox, stop trying to doin’ by yourself and wrong!”