LibreSign - Nextcloud

NethServer Version: 7
Module: Nextcloud / LibreSign

I am trying to set LibreSign up on Nextcloud, which should install itself out-of-the-box. I cannot, however, install the ghostscript or imagick binaries such that LibreSign finds that they exist. The message that I get reads:

Is necessary install ghostscript in your operational system to make possible Imagick read PDF files. This feature will be used only if you need to add visible signatures in your PDF files using the web interface.

I have executed yum install ghostscript. Ghostscript is downloaded, as is Imagick.

Has anyone encountered and resolved this problem? It may be that a PHP issue is cropping up.

The error can be ignored, it works anyway, I was finally able to sign a PDF.

grafik

It seems there’s a bug in the validation of ghostscript, see also Setup with Nextcloud AIO · Issue #1409 · LibreSign/libresign · GitHub

If you like to get rid of the error message, you could edit the code in /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/libresign/lib/Service/ConfigureCheckService.php at line 67 and just remove the “!” to get

if (shell_exec(sprintf("which %s", escapeshellarg('ghostscript')))) {

but the next libresign app update may overwrite it.

2 Likes

The app does electronically sign documents and verifies that they are signed by the parties.

LibreSign does not, however, provide an option for placing a visible signature on the PDF. That’s what I need GhostScript to do. It doesn’t seem to be doing it with this error message.

I used the following settings at the libresign app administration page:

A QR code and a footer including validation URL were at the bottom of a signed document:

grafik

2 Likes

I use these settings too. My understanding was that LibreSign could produce an actual image of a signature, which is what I am trying to use.

I suppose if the QR code appears alongside added text, ghostscript and ImageMagick are working…

1 Like