Letsencrypt logs

NethServer Version: your_version
Module: your_module

I’ve checked a couple of servers and the Letsencrypt log directory doesn’t seem to be among the logs available in the cockpit logs section and the folder doesn’t seem to be bound by the log rotate and log keep rules.

Shouldn’t they be?

Do you mean the Service dropdown?
I think it’s only a filter for service names in /var/log/messages.

Certbot has it’s own log rotation:

1 Like

Wow, I forgot all about that thread.

Still, it’s a log, it’s even in the default log directory with all the other logs Cockpit displays, why wouldn’t we have Cockpit display it?

I mean sure, I can go to terminal in Cockpit or shell… but where’s the consistency?

It rotates at 1000. As already discussed in the other topic. As to Cockpit, no idea on that one, but I’d guess it has something to do with the fact that certbot creates a new log file each run.

2 Likes

Sorry, where do you see all the other logs in cockpit? Please explain or screenshot as I can’t find a way to select a log in the cockpit log viewer…
Some applications provide logs but AFAICS the log viewer only has messages log.

wow. I’m an idiot.

I have no idea how Logs in Cockpit populates, it doesn’t match up with what I see in /var/logs, yet I can set it to Everything - All and it shows rspamd stuff, dovecot… those aren’t in Messages. wtf?

Anyway, I don’t have time for this right now. I do now realize that Cockpit - Logs is useless to me so going forward I won’t waste anymore time there, I’ll just use shell.

At least the Logs in Applications actually shows the logs for those modules, so there’s that.

All these years I thought Logs were Logs and I’ve been confused as to why I can’t find what I need.

Thanks @mrmarkuz you’ve given me the push I needed to understand what I didn’t understand.

2 Likes