Is there a way to monitor or alert on Email Queue in Nethserver not being empty?

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Module: Webtop/Email

Hello Team,

I recently had an issue whereby my Nethserver - Webtop/Email was stuck and emails could not be sent outside my network and emails could not be received into my Nethserver. I noticed my Email > Queue in Nethserver had loaded up with all the emails my office had been trying to send. I restarted my Nethserver and emails began to flow again.

This led me to wonder how I can check or alert on when this happens in the future. I don’t know if there is a way to schedule the delivery of mail into my Webtop and alert if the mail is not received. Also, I would need a system to send mail from my Webtop and confirm it was not delivered.

So then I wondered if there was a way to monitor the Email > Queue of my Nethserver. Perhaps if I see emails queued up in that module I can be alerted to an issue and look into why emails are being queued and not sent.

Can anyone suggest if there is a way for me to use my Zabbix to monitor my Email > Queue?

I also pay for Nethserver subscription. I get alerts if a service stops. In the problem I had no services stopped so I wasn’t aware of any issue until my office wondered if there was a problem when they noticed no new emails all more morning which was odd. Is there a way from a Nethserver subscription to be alerted if my Queue has emails in it for a period of time (like longer than 5 or 10 minutes)?

Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide me.

Two feed brake stop.
Issue here have only one culprit: postfix. :slight_smile: The piece of software entlitled to deliver messages (MTA).
You rebooted your whole server, that’s an option, but the queue status might be seen into the email dashboard

which has a quite nice list of bells and whistles.
You’re managing an email server? So I’d suggest you to… take a tour at least weekly (i suggest twice a week) for see if everithing works. Maybe you could catch it.
More info about more options for the queue.
https://docs.nethserver.org/en/latest/mail.html#queue

Anyway.

Monitor… is alread monitored. You’d love an alert. Long story short: use the same media for alerting in case of issues deliver no alerts at all for the issue status.
Zabbix can monitor postfix
https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/postfix
but consider that the integration should be carefully considered for not crunching toes to template mechanism.
Last but not least: teach Zabbix an alternate way to deliver alerts. Yes, you can pay for an “outside email service” only for Zabbix alerts, but if your is a public email server without relay and smaarthost, well… falling into a blacklist might be the doom of your email alert for queue status.