Is there a resource planning tool you can recommend for nethserver?

Hi @all,

I’m looking for a resource planning tool like rapla or booked scheduling or float etc.

I was wondering if someone has experiences with this kind of software and can give a recommendation.

The problem I have to solve, is to time-manage about 10 to 15 employees as resources in some kind of calendar with a project duration from 2 hours up to some days.

I would be really happy if some can give me a hint!

Thanks in advace. R.

I didn’t anything even for Nexctloud.
If you can adapt a Kanban style app, try this: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/deck

@webtop_team is there anything like this?

1 Like

Is it a kind of project management? @education_team could help you better

Not really a project management, more a team/employee event-coordinating or maybe “staff-roster” or “duty-roster” is the right word. Sorry I’m not a native speaker. :blush:

This would be a very simple form:

So you can have an overview who is working on which project at what time and who is free to do a new work.

Hope this makes it clearer.

1 Like

I have had a look at the Nextcloud / Deck project and whilst it is not really a project managment tool, it could be used as a simple PM.

Personally, if choosing a PM styled tool, I would be looking for a app that is able to handle resource allocation, budget management, team managment and GANTT charts (ie. functionality similar to Gnome Planner or TaskJuggler.

I would like to see an extension that could expand Nextcloud to be used in-conjunction with Redmine, OpenProject, Project-Open, LibrePlan or ProjectLibre.

There is a good list of GPL compliant web / cloud based project management tools at:

1 Like

We use Taiga internally, it’s a great piece of software. I’m aware that @Enzo and @marceloeng know Odoo very well, they may give us some hints.

3 Likes

As I’ve not used them cannot make a recommendation but point them out:

3 Likes

Love the name of this project :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe this can be of use. I just installed Nextcloud 12 on my NethServer7 homeserver.
I was browsing the addons and saw Nextcloud - Deck This is a Kanban/Trello style taskmanagement tool. https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/deck
From within Nextcloud it is a 1 click install.

/edit, just see that @giacomo already mentioned this… :smiley:

3 Likes

@alefattorini did you guys stop using TAIGA, or are you still using it.

I searched the community to see if it was discussed, when i learnt that, the developers of Penpot an opensource full featured alternative to Figma is also the same team behind TAIGA. both amazing tools.

BEen using Penpot internally, for our non profity projects, and with this anouncement here: CSS Grid Sneak Peek (Penpot 2.0) - Grid Layout - YouTube

i think they may get a wonderful upgrade

Actually we switched many years ago to GitHub

1 Like