Is it possible to store forwarded mail in different mailbox?

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003
Module: postfix?
An external organisation forwards some mail to a user in my domain. Mails sent to function@organisation.tld are forwarded to user@mydomain.tld. To get a better structure would we like to have those mails in a separate mailbox. Is that possible? When the mails are received they display to original address, function@organisation.tld, in Thunderbird.

@mahaq

Hi

This shouldn’t be too difficult:

Create your second Mailbox, eg user-function@mydomain.tld
In your main mailbox for user@mydomain.tld create a mail-sieve rule along the lines of:

Mails coming from function@organisation.tld FORWARD to user-function@mydomain.tld

You can set mailsieve rules eg in Roundcube, these are used by the server, not just when Roundcube is open…

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

@Andy_Wismer, thanks for your answer and that sounds like a good way to do it. I’m currently using Webtop, could it cause any conflicts if I also install Roundcube?

Hi

No, as Webtop and Roundcube both use IMAP to access the mailserver they don’t “bite” each other… :slight_smile:

Something like this, sorry I can’t get Roundcube to show up in english, but you get the general idea…

Andy

Thanks, that worked perfect.

1 Like

@mahaq

Hi

To help others with a similiar problem, please click on Solution - as creator of this subject, only you can do it!

Thx
Andy

I already had, did it for your first response since that has the important information :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mahaq

You were faster than my browser (refresh)! :slight_smile:

Andy

I know this doesn’t apply to your software selection above but SOGo also follows a similar pattern @Andy_Wismer demonstrated. Included this as an FYI for other future users.

Also Webtop has filters… :slight_smile:

@royceb
@pike

I know both have filters, but the user didn’t state WHAT he was using in the first post.
That’s why I used “eg” (example)… :slight_smile:
Any decent Mail / Groupware should come with decent filters, even Outlook has them (With Exchange even better!).

Besides which: SoGo or WebTop “can” bite each other - but not Roundcube…
Roundcube is just a webmail app, does not use any ports like for ActiveSync, Firewall changes or such.
Installing Roundcube can be defined as “Non-Invasive”, to use a medical term, wheras the other two can be “Invasive”…

It’s like argueing about a car or shoes: Whatever you’re comfortable with!
If you insist that a Trabbi is a better car for your purposes, I’m not argueing! Just don’t ask me to ride in one of those things!

But the generic Info is fully correct, for future users!

My 2 cents
Andy

In my experience, rules into Outlook are far more powerful than the one present into Thunderbird. Which is my email client, if i don’t use a WebApp.
Long story short, back to business…
If WebTop is used in the setup i strongly recommend to remove the rule from RoundCube and set it up into Webtop, by clicking on the funnel button into the main page.

1 Like