Introducing new member on community - 9 May 06

Happy Monday NethServer Tribe! :japanese_ogre:
There doesn’t seem to be enough coffee in the world today, do you agree? :slight_smile:
Anyway, we here, and we gonna make today a good one, as my cmgr David friend is used to say life is too short to let Mondays win!

A few latest community discussions for newcomers:

Ok, how about we welcome all of our new 15 members to the community, yes? If you’re new here, WELCOME!!! :clap:
Every Monday we take a moment to show you some love, and give you a chance to say hello to the community.

Please comment below and tell us:

• What brings you to NethServer?
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment?

Looking at you:

This is for @edoardo_spadoni

1 Like
  1. My name is Enrique from México. Working on a “small business” as the IT-all-can-be-done-without-a-budget (I am like a “toolbox”)
  2. I’m trying to replace our current PDC windows 2000 SBS; looking for alternatives and comparing vs M$ costs. univention is free but limited to 50 user/devices, I have ~53, zentyal says free (I don’t wanna bet my job) I read things that scared me (upgrade fails,etc).
  3. When the new NethServer arrives… The current version can be safe/easy to upgrade/migrate?

I have some experience with Debian/Ubuntu/Manjaro/Arch. I dream to learn and use RedHat/CentOS but the day is not enough. I develop some tools at work with Delphi, Python, T-SQL.

2 Likes

We’ll do our best to make it possible :blue_heart:

The old PDC should be upgraded to Active Directory Domain Controller with the classic upgrade path.

Did anybody ever try it? I’ll start after ns7 Alpha3 is released.

1 Like

Thank you David.

I need to read/learn a lot from NethServer right now.

Actually I enjoy reading this community, the TEAM is so kind… and the welcome yellow box is a good statement (ah only for 2 post and bye bye; I’ll take a screen shot now - Done). :camera: :kissing_heart:

Regards

1 Like

You’re welcome! Make you comfortable

What do you mean?

This box:

3 good directives for me.

3 Likes

So it works :slight_smile: :thumbsup: glad to hear you like it

Feel free to join the discussions :sunglasses:, as you know we want new members to feel immediately welcome, comfortable, and prepared to post about what they are looking for or what they need help with.

Hello everybody, my name is Mike, i’m from Italy, where i work, as Windows SysAdmin.

I’m really happy to meet this community, and i think that this project will be very nice on every release. On my job when is not possible for money reason use Windows Server i prefer Synology NAS that is a good and very easy solution for some server job. But now for me and for my customers Synology is not enough, so i’m looking for a new and powerfull solution. On my customers there is a couple of Zentyal, that is a good solution but not entirely free. And the firewall function not cover every needs. In this case i always use pfSense, that is (in my opinion) the best in town! I also use when customer explicity ask for a UTM solution Sonicwall hardware.

I hope to be very very productive, and my goal is to write some (good) code for Nethserver.

2 Likes

Ehi Michele,
welcome here, hope you stick around for a while, you won’t regret it!
Why choose NethServer against Synology?
How can we improve NethServer trying to get pfSense quality? Any suggestions?