Installing NethServer 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 4

@ftimmers

Hi

Better keep the two seperate, you’ll have less problems, especially when Update/Upgrade time comes round!

FreePBX can still be coupled using LDAP…

My 2 cents
Andy

@Andy_Wismer

Hello Andy,

Do you mean a seperate device for FreePBX and another device for fail2ban and voipbl?
What problems do you think can occur?

You are right :grinning:, would be inserting to hunt down the sources raspberry-asterisk.org uses.

Years ago attempted to rebuild it but stumbled on the kmod mentioned:

Then decided it would be to much work to maintain an arm-port because we are using different kernels for different boards. And note: this kernel-module should be rebuild every kernel update. :cold_sweat: IIRC this kernel module is for a specific peace of hardware (PCI-card??) and maybe avoided for an arm-port.

However never used/installed Freepbx myself and stopped the effort altogether…
As @Andy_Wismer mentioned you be better of using the setup of raspberry-asterisk.org as they have the specific knowledge/experience.

@ftimmers

Hi

No, just keep NethServer and FreePBX on seperate boxes!

This is also valid if using the normal components (amd64), FreePBX doesn’t upgrade gracefully when it’s installed in NethServer.

For the two additional components you put in FreePBX, fail2ban and voipbi, i don’t forsee any special problems.

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Sure thing, that’s what i’m using right now for extremely small deployments, but i wanted it on nethserver ! :<

1 Like

One thing I’v learned over the years:
Do not to maintain something you do not regularly use yourself. :upside_down_face:

If someone steps up to the plate and volunteers for this I’m happy to assist trying to port the nethserver implementation of FreePBX to arm. :grinning:

2 Likes

Would trying to implement docker/portainer be of use? Docker Hub has many pre-compiled arm images (including Nextcloud) and that might take away from the hassle of needing multiple maintainers for various modules. Docker-ce is a pain in CentOS arm with no official pre-comiled repo and their install script when NS is installed reports unsupported OS.

curl -fsSL https://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh

droped SOGo 5.0.1 for armv7hl in nethforge-testing…

Did not do a lot of tests :hushed:
BIG understatement: one fresh install (local-LDAP) and send / replied one mail…

2 Likes

I will deploy a new RP4 install and report back my findings. Thank you for your work.

1 Like

No hurry, actually if all goes well i’m releasing an 7.9.2009 RC1 image tonight with nethsever base packages pre-installed…

4 Likes

Hi @royceb,

Uploaded Sogo 5.0.1 to arm-nethforge.
Fun fact: over 4 years ago made a commit with this in mind. (@stephdl thanx for preserving this!)

Next time after you installed nethserver-nethforge-release manually (which we hope to fix in the final releases),
Sogo-groupware can be installed from the software-center.

I do it always with:
yum --enablerepo=* clean all && yum update -y && scl enable rh-php56 -- fwconsole ma updateall

And it works good for me:

4 Likes

To prevent confiusion, we do not have scl’s nor FreePBX on armv7hl :grinning: , however if this does the trick:

Maybe it can / should be included in the nethserver (x86_64) FreePBX package :grey_question:

Sorry, did not know that… :upside_down_face: