Installation RC3 from ISO nethserver-7.3.1611-rc3-x86_64

yes, unattended seems ok, also if in the anaconda gui the network is not shown as "connected " as is in the rc2 gui, at the end the eth correctly take ip from dhcp server (tested with one eth)

confirmed 1,2,3
4. in my tests i didn’t have problem with password, i think it’s a consequence of 2

i need some more time to make other tests with 2eth red/green config

3 Likes

Hi,

May be…

I tried it yesterday with an unattended installation. It works without problems and the password can be changed without any problems.
Only the login in SOGo in connection with the Samba AD does not work.
But that is another issue.

But what I would like to say is that all the creators and developers involved in the development of Nethserver 7 do a great job. And we users do well to consider that all this is not yet finished.

Regards

Uwe

3 Likes

Thanks for your words friend :heart_eyes_cat: we’re all doing a great job!

It should be fixed right now, check the package from nethforge-testing.

Hi Giacomo,

In Germany, we say: The candidate has 100 points.

It works,

Can we expect the final version of NS7 for Christmas?:wink:

Mmmm I think the final will be released in the new year, but also I don’t expect any major change between RC3 and final. (@davidep @filippo_carletti feel free to say your idea!).

We are planning these small improvements: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/projects/2
But we could also postpone this kind of enhancements after the final.

Does it worth it a new RC4? Only the time will tell: if there are no bugs, we can skip the RC4 :wink:

3 Likes

I really LOVE this tool :slight_smile: now it’s pretty straightforward to understand where we’re moving to

wow… rally nice, tnx!

probably i’m little anxious :innocent: but after the problems with anaconda in rc3 i would like to test installation from iso before the final release, if possible :grin:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can we expect the final version of NS7 for Christmas?

As you wish! :wink:

Also the network interfaces now appear as enabled inside Anaconda, but this is only a cosmetic fix.

2 Likes

I´ve also regcognized that- I´m using a german keyboard which is functioning in the VM console partly when I choose the english and not the german one.

1 Like

uuuuu i’m honored :sunglasses:

tested basic interactive install and (ofcourse) all goes well… i need some time to test installation with 2 eth…
great work and tnx again for having calmed my anxiety :innocent::grin:

3 Likes

The test iso http://www.nethserver.org/nethserver-7.3.1611.rc3b-x86_64.iso fixed the keyboard problem after interactive install.

2 Likes

Hi filippo_carletti,

May be it gives a problem with the link. Nothing to see there.

Regards

Uwe

I already removed the ISO since the bug has been verified (we have little space problems on www.nethserver.org machine :smiley: )

2 Likes