Install wordpress to NS8

One more question… It is possible to change non standard mariadb port 20014 to “classic” 3306? I want to install joomla and she have big problem with using non standard db ports. Same problem have drupal.

Short answer is no but you should read the manual of each web app to find the correct way to use a custom port

It’s a different web app, but I installed Matomo in a virtual host. The instructions worked OK, with the exception that it was unable to connect to the database when I used the server’s FQDN. When I changed it to the server’s IP address, it was able to connect and the rest of the installation was fine.

1 Like

I can explain this because the /etc/hosts of the host is shared to the container hence if you use the fqdn it 127.0.0.1 for the container and it fails

Either the external IP of the host or the local ip of the vpn host

@danb35 there is a matomo module coming soon… With all the module super powers

Hi!
Is there some easy way to adjust the config so it is possible to use wordpress permalinks? I have tried to add:

location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
}

to the dyn-9001.custom file, but that don’t work (and the name is correct for the file, i have double checked).

Edit:
I forgot to add Nginx log

duplicate location "/" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/dyn-9001.conf:8
1 Like

everything ok up to this point. Now I can’t see the graphics well and I can’t understand why. I attach photos

this is the wordpress menu, it seems like it doesn’t load necessary information

There is a solution?

Did you apply the custom template as described above under ‘mixed content’ ?

No, Where is it written? I Can not find it

Please see the section on ‘CSP’ (Content Security Policy) from the post/howto from @stephdl

HTH

yes, created file and insert the code:

Grazie

I changed settings http:// > https:// now if I go to wp-admin it gives me this error:

in log we trust

go to the log page of the webserver and explain us a bit more

2 Likes

Hi,

In general, is somebody or are there plans to make this an installable module from Software center please?

TIA

1 Like

@LayLow i have seen 2 wordpress modules one by @stephdl and another one by @mrmarkuz if am not mistaken

What i see for a wordrpress module, requires 3 major things.

1. Ability to access file stgructure of the wordpress installation, possibly via the predefined sftp2go
  2. Ability to explore the database, via PhpMyadmin
  3. Possibility of both integrated dataabse, as well as Making use of the singular database module available in NS8
1 Like

Yes, and those are for NS7, not NS8 (yet), and I believe there is a pretty stable docker image available? But that is way beyond my paygrade.

They are for NS8 they have NS8 tag on them.

Check stephdl repot and mrmarkuz repo

Where please?

Github, when I get on my laptop I’ll share the links

on my repo is just a demo, no ETA for a release

1 Like