I cannot understand the meaning of NextCloud

Hello everyone,

From the first point of view NextCloud is a nice idea, but when you try to use it in a “corporate” environment where AD rules, you consider it absolutely useless. What is THIS:

I mean there is no combination in the world that is working. Was it so “hard” to ask for a username only? This practically negates LDAP / AD integration entirely. Please, remove this option as it deceives people.

The log:

Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix s01): login filter does not contain %uid place holder. 2020-07-14T11:06:30+0300
Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix s01): No LDAP Login Filter given! 2020-07-14T11:06:30+0300
Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix s01): login filter does not contain %uid place holder. 2020-07-14T11:06:30+0300
Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix s01): No LDAP Login Filter given! 2020-07-14T11:06:30+0300

WHAT?! Does not contain %uid place holder? My DN line STARTS with “uid=nextcloud”!!!

@Vadim

Hello Vadim

And welcome to the NethServer Community!

I support 25-30 clients, all using a virtualized NethServer running in Proxmox (Hypervisor).
All NethServers run as AD, but also provide File, Mail, NextCloud, Zabbix Monitoring and more.

I have NO issues with AD. Users and Groups work - with NethServer as AD out of the box!

Maybe a bit of information about your setup would help?

I assume, that you’re running a Windows AD here, otherwise the dialog boxes would have been pre-filled out.
I also assume, that your NethServer is not (yet) configured as a Member Server in your Windows AD.

My NethServer at home looks like this, where NextCloud is concerned:

This statement sounds a bit lke a user trying to join a Win10 PC for the first time to an AD, and has never seen or used AD before:

We like to help, but a bit more info would help!

My 2 cents
Andy

3 Likes

You might want to use ADSI edit as it will give you a more precise distinguishedName if you’re unfamiliar with using PowerShell to get the data you need.

1 Like

Just to answer your first question (What is THIS)
You point in your schreen shot to the user BIND DN. For nethserver AD it is the user BIND account that is automatically generated when you install Samba4 AD account provider.
In the old server manager you can find it in Configuration / Accounts Provider
If you use the new cockpit server manager you can find it in System / Users & Groups Then find Account Provider - Local Active Directory. Click Details and you will see your BIND account and the corresponding BIND password.

This option can not (and should not) be removed since it is part of the Nextcloud software. We don’t develop Nextcloud, we only integrate the application in NethServer.

2 Likes