Hyper-v + nethserver 7

NethServer Version: 7
Module: hyper-v
Hey. Tell me how to configure NS7 + hyper-v. I read
http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=howto:install_nethserver_on_hyper-v
But how do I configure the red and green interfaces? I need a proxy server.
p.s.
Sorry for my language, I use Google translator. My language is Ukrainian.

Don’t worry about your English, we’re all in the same boat here. :ship:

Given that you already have two interfaces at least, take a look at this amazing guide by @dnutan
https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=userguide:network_planning

1 Like

How do I properly configure the network interfaces in the hyper-v? What kind of a virtual network on the real network card?

@NetoMeter wrote this howto but @sjafka @cronopio @Hunv could help tpp

Hi,
@Valeriy, what I actually do is to add the two interfaces before the installation of Nethserver. The I install everything until I would be able to login via Webinterface.
Now it depends if you have both adapters in the same network or in different networks. I assume you will have it in different networks.
So basically if you have Adapter 1 in Network A and Adapter 2 in Network B and your PC is in Network A, try to reach the configured IP Address of your Nethserver (https://ip-address:980). When you cannot reach it, try to switch the Networks in your Hyper-V config: Adapter 1 with Network B and Adapter 2 with Network A. Now you should be able to reach your Nethserver.
If you have another problem, please tell us more about your situation, your network and the configuration you want to have.

1 Like

“We’re all in the same boat” it is very good!
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The computer in it is 4 network cards. windows server 2016 is a DNS server, DHCP, AD. 1 the network card already has the address 192.168.1.4

another computer (proxy server) has the address 192.168.1.3
my network
red (external) 172.Ń…Ń…Ń….Ń…Ń…Ń….Ń…Ń…Ń…
green (internal) 192.168.1.3

In Hyper-v there is a virtual network switch configuration.
3 options:

1. External network.
  2. Internal network.
  3. Private network.

What choice do I need to make for my network cards?

For the map red (external) 172.xxx.xxx.xxx I should have 1 option External network?

what option should I choose for the map green (internal) 192.168.1.3?

Hi @Valeriy,

Found this:

create an external switch to share your computer’s network with the virtual machines running on it.

Source:

as far as I understand the network is red (external), and green (internal) is connected via NAT. Correctly?

I’m not so into Hyper-V but on my VMware it works as you desribe:

• red: When external means bridged than it should work, being in local network and able to reach internet.
  • green: NAT for internal, what gives the VM an address not in same local network but reachable.

Hi,

sorry, I was on a business trip.

External Network adapter is, if you like to communicate with anything that is on your Hyper-V Server or on any other Server in your network. In 99% of all cases this is the card you want to have.

Internal Network adapter is, if you like that the VM is able to communicate only with other VMs on your Hyper-V Server or the Hyper-V Server itself

Private Network adapter is, is like the internal but only the VMs are able to communicate with each other. The Hyper-V Server will not be reachable

With VMs*   With Hypervisor    With Network
External    yes         yes                yes
Internal    yes         yes                no
Private     yes         no                 no
* = on same Hyper-V Server

In your case both adapters should be external if I understood you correctly. At least this will be the adapter, that has no problems with communicating everywhere.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Problem with networkinterfaces in Hyper-V after kernel update NS76