How to update Roundcube?

Hi,

I want to use a calendar within Roundcube and found this plugin:
https://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/kolab/calendar

Therefore Roundcube must be updated. What is the most practicable way under nethserver to update Roundcube to the latest stable version 1.3.8?

Kind Regards
Pete

NethServer Version: 7.6.1810 (final)
Module: your_module

You can update by Software Center. If there is not an update, it will not be updated.

There is a test package into testing repository: you can update it using yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.6.1810/testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-roundcubemail-1.2.10-1.1.ga8c40cc.ns7.noarch.rpm or enabling nethserver-testing repo.
Remember that this packages are beta packages. This is the latest packages.

Kolab is a groupware project which install also a mail server, this said it is uncompatible with nethserver.

Hi,
it’s just a plugin for roundcube. As far as I’ve understood this, it should work with any roundcube.
But in the plugins section of roundcube the last update is out of 2017, I’m not sure if the plugin is under active development still?

However, to test the plugin - roundcube is worthless for me without calendar - I need roundcube >1.3. , roundcube 1.2 do not help.
Is there any possibility to update roundcube manually, maybe by installing the official packages of roundcube?

Pete

remi repository has version 1.3.9. If all dependencies are satisfied it could be an option: https://pkgs.org/download/roundcubemail

2 Likes

some conflicts will occur, remi repo is known to make some version upgrade and you might need to enable the remi repo, but this could make some future noise like a php upgrade, you should test it with a VM first

Error: Package: roundcubemail-1.3.9-1.el7.remi.noarch (/roundcubemail-1.3.9-1.el7.remi.noarch)
           Requires: php-pear(Net_IDNA2) >= 0.2.0
           Installed: php-pear-Net-IDNA2-0.1.1-10.el7.noarch (@epel)
               php-pear(Net_IDNA2) = 0.1.1
Error: Package: roundcubemail-1.3.9-1.el7.remi.noarch (/roundcubemail-1.3.9-1.el7.remi.noarch)
           Requires: php-pear(PEAR) >= 1.10.1
           Installed: 1:php-pear-1.9.4-21.el7.noarch (@base)
               php-pear(PEAR) = 1.9.4
           Requires: php-pear(Auth_SASL) >= 1.1.0
           Installed: php-pear-Auth-SASL-1.0.6-5.el7.noarch (@epel)
               php-pear(Auth_SASL) = 1.0.6
           Requires: php-pear(Net_LDAP2) >= 2.2.0
           Installed: php-pear-Net-LDAP2-2.1.0-1.el7.noarch (@epel)
               php-pear(Net_LDAP2) = 2.1.0
           Requires: php-pear(Net_Socket) >= 1.2.1
           Installed: php-pear-Net-Socket-1.0.14-1.el7.noarch (@epel)
               php-pear(Net_Socket) = 1.0.14
           Requires: php-pear(Net_Sieve) >= 1.4.0
           Installed: php-pear-Net-Sieve-1.3.4-4.el7.noarch (@epel)
               php-pear(Net_Sieve) = 1.3.4
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
1 Like