Hi, I installed Nethserver as a Gateway between Router and LAN extended by Modules/Apps DHCP, DNS, Firewall, IPS, Webfilter, DPI, NtopNG
I defined static addresses inside DHCP and added corresponding DNS-Name like
diskstation.lan.home in DNS-Server.
I have some shortcomings that make me dissatisfied with DHCP/DNS and filtering unwanted web traffic. Therefore I want to switch to my trusted pihole and do without DNS/DHCP on the Nethserver.
- The administration overhead is enormous compared to pihole (FTL).
- LightSquid Dashboard shows me only the accessed DNS-Addresses not the blocked ones for each client
- really poor possibilities to analyze blocked/allowed traffic (for example no drill down from Web Proxy & Filter Dashboard into the Top10 blocked Clients, only IP-Addresses for blocked destinations without the possibility to find out false positives and so on)
- no qname-minimisation
- poor whitelist- /blacklist-Management
My question about the how-to to switch…
- Is it sufficient to disable the DHCP (on green) and DNS server?
- Is it sufficient to disable the dnsmasq service for this?
- Will all other modules and apps still work?
- Do I have to delete all configurations before deactivating, or can I leave them in as fallback?