How to share one or more subfolders of an already shared folder

I have the Commercial folder shared 'for a group of users but inside this folder there is the Contracts folder that I need to share with another group where this group will have access to only this folder.

I have the Commercial folder shared 'for a group of users but inside this folder there is the Contracts folder that I need to share with another group where this group will have access to only this folder.
I ask, how do I do this? I saw the topics about the custom teaplate but I have doubts about how to create this sharing

Hi @Alessandro_Freire

Simple answer: you should NOT!!!

The system - Linux NethServer - cann’t correctly handle this and certainly can’t handle this using the GUI.
You are just using a bad sharing concept that seems copied from Novell Netware, as even Windows could not properly share a subfolder with correct permissions for a long, long time.
→ It showed folders you have NO access to, why even show these folders at all?

You do not understand the e-smith Template system (It’s essentially simple enough!), yet want to set permissions even Windows do not suggest and is really BAD practice! Sharing the same content twice: Two shares needed to access the same stuff? Come on!

You are just lowering your system security to a “nothing” level - yet still want to separate them into different groups…

Note:

No ons stops you from jumping off a cliff - your common sense should do that!

I do see doubts (= common sense!), yet you still want to attempt this, even though you’re not really understanding the implications about downgrading security…

I would strongly advise against this!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’m going to create a top folder and share it, so I don’t have to create this subfolder share

1 Like

In order to have so complex configuration you need something different like nextcloud

1 Like

I redid all the configuration of my Mikrotik RB750GR3 and after that I reconfigured the local DNS and then it worked.