How to enable simple traffic of udp 1194 port

NethServer Version:
NethServer 7.8.2003

I need to enable openvpn (1194 udp port) traffic on nethserver for 5 ip-phones. The ip-phones work when using any ISP router.
I have read everywhere but I cannot find how to do it.

Thank you very much for your support

AFAIK, on Nethserver the port 1194/UDP is already open correctly on the right interfaces when you configure the OpenVPN server

I tried to install openvpn, assign an address and the service was enabled but the problem persists. any other idea ?

I don’t quite understand what you’re setting up.
Do you have 5 smartphones that need to connect to the VPN from the internet to the Nethserver?
Have you opened the 1194/UDP from the router to the Nethserver IP address (to do if your Nethserver does not have a Public IP directly configured)?
In the configuration file of each VPN client, have you checked that there is the public IP of the router/hostname of your network?
Does the router have a static public IP?

Do you have 5 smartphones that need to connect to the VPN from the internet to the Nethserver?

—>I have 5 sip-phones that need to connect to the VPN from the internet to the remote SIP-SERVER

Have you opened the 1194/UDP from the router to the Nethserver IP address (to do if your Nethserver does not have a Public IP directly configured)?

—> The Nethserver have a Public IP directly configured. The ISP router is in bridge mode

In the configuration file of each VPN client, have you checked that there is the public IP of the router/hostname of your network?

—> The sip-phone works on any isp without problems

Does the router have a static public IP?

---->The ISP router is in bridge mode

Thanks!!

So you have IP phones outside your local network that need to connect to your Nethserver?

Is there an OpenVPN client installed on those phones?

Is the Nethserver configured as Nethsecurity (two networks, one “green” for the local network and one “red” for internet connection) or does it have only one network card?

Where is the SIP server installed?

1 Like

So you have IP phones outside your local network that need to connect to your Nethserver?

—exactly. The phones work with any internet connection because they have an openvpn client installed----

Is there an OpenVPN client installed on those phones?

—yes—

Is the Nethserver configured as Nethsecurity (two networks, one “green” for the local network and one “red” for internet connection) or does it have only one network card?

—yes. the Nethserver configured two networks, one “green” for the local network and one “red” for internet connection

The computers have internet connection through the green connection of neth server, already reserve the ip to each device-----

Where is the SIP server installed?

–I have the sip-server connected to a different ISP —

Restart the NethServer and it worked. It only remains to fix the problem to download Web filter from the software center. Giacomo Sanchietti of Dev Team is giving a good follow-up on github.

–https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/6243--

Thank you very much!!

1 Like