How to delegate domain to another DNS server?

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
I want to have Nethserver a primary DNS server. However there are Active directory domains which have there own DNS server and cannot be resolved over the internet.

How to delegate the domain xyz.lokal to a the corresponding DNS server?

PS: I found that domain redirections are support in the script /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/dnsmasq.conf/55DomainRedirection but where does it get its values from?

I‘ve had the same issue a few days ago and did not find any way to setup a conditional forwarding within cockpit GUI, but also found the e-smith template 55DomainRedirection.
For me, the following on command line worked like a charm:

config setprop dnsmasq DomainRedirection sub.domain.tld:10.11.12.13
signal-event nethserver-dnsmasq-save

Afterwards, the snipped you‘ve also found showed up inside /etc/dnsmasq.conf as
server=/sub.domain.tld/10.11.12.13

Please note: I do not run Samba4 AD as account provider, I do not know if this will break anything with samba integration. Please see as well this topic for further information:

1 Like

The interesing thing is, that an externel account provider also does a domain redirection. Actually I did’t need you setting, because the domain of the external account provider is also redirected automatically. But still many things for the additional setting. It sems that is possible to redirect excactly one other domain.

#
# 50sssd -- the Samba Domain controller is
# the authoritative DNS for our realm/domain
# 
server=/xyz.lokal/192.168.42.1

#
# 55DomainRedirection
#

Glad to hear it worked out in another way for you.

According to the documentation it is possible to forward more than one (sub)domain to another DNS server by simply adding several touple(s) separated by comma:

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/dns.html#domain-redirection

I myself did not realise up to now that this very issue is perfectly answered inside the documentation.

1 Like

I also missed this part in the documentation. If would be better if this config could be made in the GUI or that there is at least a reference like "Domain redirections are possible from the command line, see "