How enable a custom service

**NethServer Version: NethServer 7.9.2009
**Module: Services

Good morning from Mexico.

I am trying to run a custom service to allow traffic to red, green TCP: 80, 443, 980

but there is no start button as seen in other existing services.

try to run the service from systemctl without success

Thank you for the help and your time.

Observation:
I have a PC in the green zone and I can only have access from another PC in the green zone but not from an external network even with port forwarding

HOOO ME RINDO. SERA MEJOR ELIMINAR ESTA PORQUERIA DE NETHSERVER

You could try to create an object at neth-firewall and after that create rules with the object as source.

1 Like

btw, 980 is old nethserver interface, maybe if you have it installed you will face some trouble.

There is no problem using direct portforward using port 443 as you can check below in one of my servers, it works great, i just type https://myurl.com and it redirects just fine! :slight_smile:

as @m.traeumner said, creating a object is good practice too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already have an object and I have already done port forwarding to it. I would like you to help me if possible with this point:

I am trying to run a custom service to allow traffic to red, green TCP: 80, 443, 980

plese plese

I already have an object and I have already done port forwarding to it. I would like you to help me if possible with this point:

plese plese

Where don’t you access from, the internet?
Is there a router connected to the red?
Do you have a static public IP on the red, or does the router have one, and is the network between the red and the router a private class network?
In the latter case, have you opened ports on the router (preferably all of them) that point to the IP assigned to the red?

This point is not very clear: why do you need a service to run the ports?
Did you directly install something on the Nethserver that needs to use those ports?

this is the reason.

Ok, on this pc that must be reached by the internet you have services running on port 80, 443 and 980.
Do I understand correctly?

Did you check the connectivity between the red and the router as I wrote in the previous post?

Another thing: the services on that pc are enabled to respond to networks other than the green network?

Ok, on this pc that must be reached by the internet you have services running on port 80, 443 and 980.
Do I understand correctly?

-yes

Did you check the connectivity between the red and the router as I wrote in the previous post?

-yes

Another thing: the services on that pc are enabled to respond to networks other than the green network?

-yes

I repit

but there is no start button as seen in other existing services.

I can only have access from another PC in the green zone but not from an external network even with port forwarding

You don’t have to create a custom service, you have to create a port forward.

Applications → Firewall [Settings] → Objects → [Add host] → Name: name for your object / IP: IP of your PC where you have serverices installed → [Save]

Applications → Firewall [Settings] → Port forward → [Creat port forward] → Protocol: TCP / Source port: 80,443,980 / Destination host: the name of the object you created above / Destination port: leave empty → [Save]

Then click on [Apply] in the pink box that appears iat top of the form

Silly question, does your PC (in green) has the right gateway set?! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Forse perche’ la 80, la 443 e la 980 sono usate internamente da Nethserver per cui non puoi associarci altri servizi?

Ah, tieni presente che qui non siamo tutti di madrelingua inglese, non tutti sono esperti e le domande servono per capire meglio la situazione.

Saluti

Traducitelo che non ne ho voglia… (www.deepl.com)

Only because someone asked me nicely:

Maybe because 80, 443 and 980 are used internally by Nethserver so you can’t associate other services with them?

Ah, keep in mind that we are not all native English speakers here, not everyone is an expert and questions are needed to better understand the situation.

Greetings

Translate it, I don’t want to…

If I recall correctly the custom service name must match the systemctl service name.

Treating people in a bad way when they are trying to help is a no go in this community.
There’s a chance something was not clear enough to help or some misinterpretation. So better be kind and understantable with others. I think an apology is in order.

3 Likes

Check your firewall in your PC(Green) if it allows incoming TCP 443/80/980 since your router is already allowing with port forwarding.

Please tell us what is the output is, if you try to start manually.