How do I integrate Outlook 2013 with SOGO 3?

I have installed my NS7 as a mail server (along with sogo 3). I have read about using Outlook 2013 to share calendars, counted, etc. I have configured an email account with Outlook of type Exchange ActiveSync and after accepting, it happens to me next:

1. The total of all received emails is not synchronized (I have verified it via web sogo and via thunderbird).

2. If I create an event in the calendar, should not it be synchronized automatically in the outlook calendar?

3. Likewise, if I create a contact, should not it be synchronized automatically?

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

ActiveSync works, tho not always looking as you expect …

The calendar works afaict.
Contacts too wide … which contacts?

Mail gets properly synced unless there are folders in folders and both contain mail, and you used imapsync to import.

don’t expect outlook to work as in an exchange environment

IMO you’d better use imap for mail and a connector for caldav/cardav

but a better choice would be remove outlook if you can

At connector you can use caldav-synchronizer.

I tend to agree on getting rid of Outlook if you don’t have Exchange as a backend. I am using Thunderbird/lightning for years now with SOGo and it works for me.

The only thing not working so far, is assigning rights from Outlook.

You need some heavy tuning in sogo.conf as well. I increased number of workers to 90 and the vmem size to 4mb, had to increase to 20GB of memory and 4 processors to get apache/sogo to properly handle ~40 activesync connections to 15 mailboxes. Some with up to 25GB in them.

It works like a charm now, tho Outlook 2016 is preferred for stability, and some issues can arise when the folder structure is ‘funny’ I suspect imapsync issue due to user error (me).

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers and comments, which I have read and from these I have made the internal solution.

For customers with Outlook 2010 I am using Outlook CalDav Synchronic (good suggestion)

And with my Thunderbirs clients, there’s no problem with SOGO.

1 Like

WoW, I didn’t expect Activesync being such a resource hog… :astonished:

It’s due to using appache and each client needing a sepperate worker … something that Exchange server handles more elgant it seems. We do have insane usage … each of our mailboxes is at leas 10GB in size, most in sent items, inbox and deleted items, all is mision critical.

We can be compared to a 100 people regular and sane company :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

deleted items are mission critical? :stuck_out_tongue:

(I would urge those guys using deleted items as archive to switch to a real archive directory… )

…I am going to force them, but I had no clue prior to migration what a mess some people made of their mailbox :slight_smile: