How can I use other HDD for Nextcloud and SMB?

I would like to use my 700GB HDD for Nextcloud and SMB and not my 160GB boot drive. Is it possible somehow to point these services to a different location without losing my data on Nextcloud?

Sorry if it was asked before, I’m not really a Linux expert.

Thank you for your help in advance! :smiley:

You could mount the drive as /var/lib/nethserver
It is not used for only SMB and Nextcloud, but for all data that is stored on NethServer (incuding homedirs)
Make sure to copy all data from the original /var/lib/nethserver to the 700GB drive with matching permissions.

like that

1 Like

When I try to mount a partition to /var/lib/nethserver/ibay, it says: Error mounting system-managed device /dev/sdb2: Mount source not defined.

It can mount the other partition in the nextcloud folder.

Now, I also mounted my other partition in the nextcloud folder. Before that, I copied everything to somewhere else, mounted the partition and copied them back but when I try to access the nextcloud in my browser, it can’t find the .ocdata file in the root of the data directory. I also had problems with writing permissions but I solved it by entering chown -R apache:apache /var/lib/nethserver/nexcloud

EDIT: I solved it my copying the backup of the .ocdata to /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud