Hmmm... my SoGo is broken!

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.4.1708
Module: SoGo

Hi
My Neth Server has been running perfectly for over a year now. I religiously install updates every few days and it has always just worked.
Last night I shut down my server as we were performing a UPS test and didn’t want to risk corrupting any data should the power fail. The server hasn’t been shut down for months.
When I powered the server back on I discovered that the SoGo service was not running and nor would it start when prodded.

I rebooted it again with no luck, them removed and reinstalled SoGo but still nothing.
After spending a couple of hours poking around in log files and restoring configuration backups I was no further on so I decided to remove it and give WebTop5 a try. I have that up and running but cannot get ActiveSync to work on my Android phone which worked perfectly under SoGo.
I also actually prefer the mail GUI under Sogo too (probably because I am used to it) and would like to get that up and running again.
Below is a snippet from the logs when trying to start Sogo. Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Starting SOGo is a groupware server…
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/sbin/sogod: Exec format error
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: sogod.service: control process exited, code=exited status=203
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Failed to start SOGo is a groupware server.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Unit sogod.service entered failed state.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: sogod.service failed.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: Job for sogod.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status sogod.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: [INFO] service sogod restart
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Starting SOGo is a groupware server…
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/sbin/sogod: Exec format error
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: sogod.service: control process exited, code=exited status=203
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Failed to start SOGo is a groupware server.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: Unit sogod.service entered failed state.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth systemd: sogod.service failed.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: Job for sogod.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status sogod.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: [WARNING] restart service sogod failed!
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/actions/adjust-services FAILED: 1 [0.727664]
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11065]: Event: nethserver-sogo-update FAILED
Apr 25 19:17:53 neth esmith::event[11168]: Event: runlevel-adjust

did you follow those advices?

Yes, but I’m afraid they only reiterated “sogod.service: control process exited, code=exited status=203”

The file “sogod” seems to be corrupted. Since software packages are verified before install, your hardware may be failing and it has corrupted the file (and probably more files).
You can try to reinstall sogo to overwrite the corrupted file:
yum reinstall sogo (I hope it’s called sogo, I can’t check now).

yum reinstall sogo\* sope\*

Thanks both, I will give it a try tomorrow.
FYI, My Neth Server is running in a virtual environment - ProxMox using iSCSI Storage - ZFS on SSD’s. It is unlikely that there is a hardware failure.

I removed WebTop and ran
yum reinstall sogo* sope*

This installed those packages but there was nothing in the GUI to indicate SoGo was installed so I then installed the SoGo Groupware package in the GUI Software Center and now have SoGo back working again :slight_smile:

Thanks once again!

1 Like