NethServer Version: Nethserver 7.7 Final (up to date)
Module: Reverse proxy
TL;DR: I want to use reverse proxy on one NS server to access SOGo on another NS server.
I’ve the following setup:
- frontend1: Nethserver receiving all the network traffic from the router (mydomain.net) and acting as a reverse proxy frontend
- server1: Nethserver hosting SOGo and also Nextcloud (waiting to be migrated)
- server2: Other server hosting some other applications
- serverNNN: Other server hosting some other applications
- oldserver: hosting Nextcloud
I would like to access SOGO using the following URL: https://mydomain.net/SOGo
So I need the reverse proxy to redirect this URL to the internal URL: https://server1/SOGo
I’ve found this very nice post but unfortunately… I don’t understand what needs to be done and I feel that because it’s not exactly the same use-case it doesn’t apply (I think my use case is simpler).
And if possible I would like to be able to do that with the UI
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- redirect 80/443 traffic to frontend1
- request letsencrypt certificate for mydomain.net from frontend1
- add virtual host for mydomain.net on frontend1 (though I’m not sure it’s useful).
Now I’m completely struggling with the reverse proxy definition. (I used to use Caddy as a reverse proxy in my previous setup and it was very easy to define but for some reason it doesn’t work with NS.)
First of all, I think there’s a bug in the reverse proxy interface. I will log one accordingly but if anyone has experience in doing what I try, it would be welcome!
Thanks a lot!