Hanging during install

NethServer Version: nethserver-7.9.2009

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest release and tried a fresh install ( Ryzen 7 ) via USB.

The installer hangs with the following error-

Kernel panic - not syncing - fatal exception
hpet1 lost 2 rtc interupts

I thought it may be a 32 vs 64bit issue but the iso is nethserver-7.9.2009-x86_64 so i assume that covers both architectures

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Iso covers only x64, there’s no x86 architecture support for the ISO, AFAIK.
Issue seems related about access to RTC. And with some grub options, could be bypassed.

However, seems a kernel-related issue, so… maybe cannot be solved without an updated kernel.

which model/series of Ryzen 7? It could be an incompatibility with the CPU and CentOS 7.9.

Disabling some features (for instance, adding mce=off to the kernel boot options) or a more recent kernel could be needed (ELRepo’s kernel-ml…)

A better option could be to use some virtualitzation platform like proxmox instead of a bare-metal install. Here in the forum there is other people that can guide you better about it.

After some further investigation I think this is definately a kernel problem and I don’t see a way to resolve it with this version of Nethserver and 8.0 isn’t production ready yet so I’ll have to rey something else.

Thanks for the help - greatly appreciated.

You could still try with CENTOS 7 then neth-ify it. However, the issue might be the same.

Anyway: during boot phase you could still edit options and disable hpet via grub.