Had acme-dns / acme-dns-api, would like to go back to the original dns Nethserver comes with

-NethServer release 7.9.2009 (final)
-Kernel release 3.10.0-1160.102.1.el7.x86_64
-My web-server is an internal server on my local network.

Short of it is, I installed acme-dns to work with Let’s Encrypt and started to follow one of the How-to’s on Nethserver community. I did not pay attention to how my Nethserver was original setup with it’s original dns package and services. So I am at a loss to know if I need to load a specific package to get the original setup of DNS for Nethserver running again.

My goal is to load back original DNS, then step though this guide for acme-dns - userguide:let_s_encrypt_acme-dns [NethServer Wiki]

Unfortunately I have two challenges to get through -

1. Making sure this repo is seen on myside as working … @danb35

and two…

getting back to the original Nethserver DNS setup…

Right now services look like this… that shows acme-dns still has a custom acme-dns-service in services enabled but not running. Some with acme-dns-api. I figure when I uninstalled acme-dns and acme-dns-api it would have removed the services for thes in Nethservices and replace DNS original service.

Does anyone have a clean way of getting back to the original DNS services for Nethserver?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
-SF-

Nothing should have happened to them–acme-dns doesn’t interfere with anything in that regard.

1 Like

So if I wanted to try to step through

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=userguide:let_s_encrypt_acme-dns

acme-dns walkthrough again as my Nethserver is now?

Nothing you’ve posted indicates any problem with your walking through that guide.

1 Like

Not being as familiar with acme-dns and installing it, I was thinking it was replacing the original DNS setup for Nethserver. But I gotcha ya now. Thanks for the 411 on that one. I appreciate it.

I can understand the confusion, but no, acme-dns only serves very limited records, and only on the WAN interface. It doesn’t otherwise affect NS’s own name resolution, or anything it serves to the LAN.