Guacamole Branding

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Module: Guacamole

@mrmarkuz

Good Morning Markus

I succeeded in “branding” the new NethServer VM (hosted) - at least the png file.
I was wondering, as in the module description there’s nothing about changing the Text in the Guacamole login screen.

I’m sure this is possible, however, I’m not that good with Java…
Any pointers?

Thanks

Andy

I remember the text does not like symbols so avoid things like &. Are you curious as to what specific files to edit within the branding.jar?

1 Like

@royceb

Hi Royce

Yes. I did it about 8-9 months ago, but do not have access anymore to the now dead notebook with my docs from that contract… :frowning:
The disk died making clicking noises while backing up to NAS, one of the advantages of harddisks vs SSDs. SSDs die too, but silently… :frowning:

I also recalled that specific issue - and Switzerland uses not only german Umlauts, french accents and italian ones too!
But one CAN write stuff without funky, non-ascii characters. In german you just add in an “e” after the vowel carrying an Umlaut.

But which file was it. I looked late yesterday - maybe too late and just oversaw it… :frowning:

But if you have any infos or pointers, gladly appreciated!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

The login text can be found in /var/lib/guacamole/extenstions/branding.jar/login.html
The title is the app name in /var/lib/guacamole/extenstions/branding.jar/translations/en.json

I added it to the wiki.

3 Likes

I am glad I am not the only one (though I am sorry it happened to you) who’s had some hardware issues as well lately. If we don’t have any major NS changes pending soon (ie NS 8) I am thinking about updating the How-To video to include the branding, 2fa & secure SAMBA/AD backend.