GLPI version question

Hello @stephdl,

I’m inquiring about the GLPI module you have created for the community. I’m not sure but is this an older version available for Nethserver? And if so will you be making a newer version available for the community to use?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

1 Like

Glpi is not more available for epel8 (for centos8), I am not sure the software will be updated for epel7

:frowning:

1 Like

For testing purposes you can install it from remi, but it will upgrade php to 7.3

yum -y install http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm
yum  install nethserver-glpi php php-opcache php-apcu glpi --enablerepo=stephdl,remi-glpi94,remi-php73,remi
1 Like

even mariadb is not at the good version…sorry no simple solution

1 Like

Thank you @stephdl for your response. I was hoping to test out an inventory app from the ones available from Nethserver. I read the notes on OCSInventory-NG and it also has issues with running on a newer Nethserver. Looks like GLPI won’t be usable either. :slight_smile:

I was considering either Racktables or Ralph running on a separate VM. I think I’ll continue down that route.

If I had the knowledge how to update modules I would give these a try to make them work but sadly I don’t have that knowledge.

Thank you Stephane for your help!

1 Like

@greavette

Hi Charles

You could install OCS Inventory and GLPI - like I’m doing - on seperate VMs. I’m actually trying out a LXC Container for this. Still WIP…

My 2 cents
Andy

Thank you @Andy_Wismer (you are everywhere being helpful! :slight_smile: ).

I’ve used Racktables in the past successfully and Ralph looks very interesting. What I need to track is besides the basics (severs in rack and basic components of servers), I want to specifically track each hard drive in each bay in each server for serial number and date installed. In this way I can proactively keep track of when a hard drive dies which bay it’s in and what the serial # is when changed. As well as I like having a visual picture from the inventory system of exactly where each server is in our racks.

I’ll have to look at GLPI and OCS to see if they might be better. Really is a shame that Nethserver doesn’t have an inventory system we could use.

Thanks!

@greavette

I’ve used OCS Inventory and GLPI before, on SME Server, and on earlier NethServer versions.

OCS Inventory can get the infos you require, hardware and software…

Both will work on a plain Debian (Runs great as LXC…). As I’m only there after 01. September, it’s still WIP til then…

But already looks promising. I’d like to integrate it into AD, running on NethServer, but’s that’s sometime in the near future.

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

@Andy_Wismer

I forgotten to add that I’m also very interested in Netbox. But I will take a peek at GLPI more as well.

Thanks!

2 Likes