Getting Error on Software center - failed: system-packages/update

NethServer Version: 7
Module: Software center
I’m trying to install applications and i’m getting this error . please please help

echo ‘{“action”:“install”,“packages”:["@nethserver-mail","@nethserver-file-server","@nethserver-openvpn","@nethserver-roundcubemail"]}’ | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-packages/update | jq

Do you have a (reliable) internet connection and can your NS installation resolve DNS queries (/requests) ?

To check, on the command line:

ping -c 4 34.90.48.198

--- 34.90.48.198 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3004ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 7.131/7.181/7.251/0.043 ms

If this works internet connection is OKE

Now check DNS

ping -c 4 www.nethserver.org

--- siteground.nethesis.it ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3004ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 7.069/7.119/7.232/0.122 ms

If this succeeds internet connection and DNS settings are OKE,

1 Like

What’s the output if you run this on the command line? It may show more error details.

I’m not the OP, but I’m having the same issue.

[root@zeus ~]# echo ‘{“action”:“install”,“packages”:["@nethserver-mail","@nethserver-file-server","@nethserver-openvpn","@nethserver-roundcubemail"]}’ | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-packages/update | jq parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 16

The Software Center doesn’t list anything and this is what happens when I try to RELOAD Applications.
I also get “does not exist/could not find” errors when trying to add repositories.

I have access to the internet, but DNS won’t resolve. I’ve added the standard 8.8.8.8 and two records for the DNS Servers at OpenDns. What am I missing here?

Welcome @mdillow,

Can not reproduce this, just tried in a local VM I was about to throw away…

Is my assumption right you did this in the server-manger dashboard;

And you still can not ping -c 4 www.nethserver.org (or whatever external domain) ?

EDIT:
@mdillow is it a local install or a vps?

Thanks!
Also, thanks for the quick response.
I’m fairly new at this, so forgive me if you have to write it out in crayon.

Local Install.

Correct about the DNS.

I can ping an external IP just fine, just not by hostname.
My ISP uses their own DNS servers, but that shouldn’t make a difference, should it?
I’m willing to bet that as soon as I get the DNS issue resolved, the Software Center will start working.

1 Like

@mdillow

Hi

On the second screenshot (Cockpit Dashboard) it shows the IP 127.0.0.1, that is localhost…
That should show the IPs you entered in!

My 2 cents
Andy

See @Andy_Wismer comment:(had it prepared…)

@Andy_Wismer @mark_nl
Wow…
I’ve probably looked at that a dozen times, too.
Software Center works fine now too.

I’ll show myself out. :rofl:

2 Likes

__off topic __

@mdillow glad you are sorted out :grinning:
Please have a look at DNS unraveled, todays talk at FOSDEM to optimize your DNS settings. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask them in a new topic.

1 Like