FreePBX - Cannot install cel (Call Event Logging)

So looks like I need to update cel (Call Event Logging) as seen below -

Unfortunately I can not install cel in Web GUI as seen below -

I also have tried from cli, but I can not install it from cli either as seen below -

-SF-

Then I remember that @Stll0 told me to use scl enable rh-php56 – with fwconsole command.

So I did the following -

scl enable rh-php56 – fwconsole ma download cel

and then…

scl enable rh-php56 – fwconsole ma install cel

and it downloaded the cel module… then installed the cel module like it would normally without the scl enable rh-php56 –

So success… I added this for anyone else having an issue and needed help to get them through. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,

2 Likes

You’re playing a lot with freepbx :smiley:

1 Like

it seems so

here are wonderful FreePBX tutorials by crosstalk solutions
01 PBX Planning - FreePBX 101 v15 - YouTube

Hopefully we could get similar tutorials for NethVoice when it is finally released

2 Likes

Thanks for passing along video. Yes, I watch CrossTalk Solutions. Chris is very knowledgeable. I also watch a number of other youtube channels such as Lawrence Systems and so on - great tutorials from those folks.

@alefattorini I have had my share of putting together Asterisk systems in the past, all the way back from Asterisk Home, AstrixNow, Trixbox, PBXinaFlash and now FreePBX. (no I didn’t list them all - but you get the point)

Those builds were a server or pc depending on your size of the location/business. Most of those installs were PSTN / POTs, so I would have a Digium card, or Sangoma card inside - like a TDM410 PCI with echo cancelling card onboard.

Oh man, if you didn’t get the echo canceling card, you had to use software echo canceling… It was so much better and less time just to get the echo canceling card on you telephony card. It saved so many headaches and time.

Originally with Asterisk (in the beginning lol), I would pull up a Ubuntu, Debian, or CentOS box and then install the Asterisk on it. Then versions like Elastic,Trixbox, PBXinaFlash came out. These all-in-one distros were specific linux distro with a carefully tailored Asterisk that would make install, configuration and setup so much easier. You would run it from a CD at that time. Everything would load up and work for the most part, unless you had a dependency problem due to OS. (usually for DAHDI or a module)

Being that Nethserver is tailored a certain way and sometimes cli can mess up the scripting of Nethserver, I was a little timid with the install of Freepbx on it, even as a package in the Neth Software Center since I am loading it on my main production system. (I like it running smooth :wink: )

The PHP side of Nethserver still stuck on PHP 5.4 (at the sametime, probably saved me from dependency issues tho) - this threw me a little with FreePBX and gave me some errors I have not seen before. So I had to dig into it a little.

All-in-all it wasn’t a major issue, just a little challenge. I was able to get it working and actually did it with a HT813 as my gateway to a single phone line. :grinning:

Short of it, I have a phone line coming in from a modem that they translate to FXS already. So my Nethserver is a VM on OX. I don’t want to fight with putting a telephjony card in the Dell server and doing a PassThru with OX. So I needed to get from FXS to FXO so FreePBX can use it… So I have the FXO port on HT813 that I am using as my main line into my NethServer FreePBX. It does what I need it to do and is currently working.

With that I want to thank those who chimed in to help for all their help. I appreciate all of you who answered the questions and help me find a solutions for the errors and challenges I was seeing with the install, config and setup of FreePBX on NethServer.

Thankful for this community! :heart:

-SF-

1 Like