Freepbx 14 asterisk 13 sip messages

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:
Hi everyone, i have a trouble to configure instant messaging using freepbx 14 and asterisk 13 , i want that two sip clients can send and receive messages using their soft phones on smartphone and desktop , can anyone help me !

Welcome to the community Ranoo!

I know that is possible, but I’m not sure that someone already achieved this. Maybe @mrchiao or @Stll0 can help.

As suggestion, I would choose ejabberd or Mattermost as chat instead of using the SIP protocol.

Thank you for your reply
I am a graduate student of my freepbx project over the VoIP phone system … I have to send text messages using SIP over the PDA, so I can’t use ejabberd or Mattermost because I can’t guide you.
I will use Softphone …
x.lit on the computer
zoiper on iphone
They communicate with each other

sip SIMPLE message Configuration for Asterisk 13 and freepbx 14
SIP general settings in sip.conf in Web GUI and add inside “Other SIP Settings”

accept_outofcall_message=yes
outofcall_message_context=astsms
extensions_custom.conf

[astsms]
exten => _.,1,NoOp(SMS receiving dialplan invoked)
exten => _.,n,NoOp(To {MESSAGE(to)}) exten => _.,n,NoOp(From {MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Body {MESSAGE(body)}) exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALTO={CUT(MESSAGE(to),@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend({ACTUALTO},{MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Send status is {MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS}) exten => _.,n,GotoIf(["{MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS}" != "SUCCESS"]?sendfailedmsg) exten => _.,n,Hangup() ; ; Handle failed messaging exten => _.,n(sendfailedmsg),Set(MESSAGE(body)="[{STRFTIME({EPOCH},,%d%m%Y-%H:%M:%S)}] Your message to {EXTEN} has failed. Retry later.")
exten => _.,n,Set(ME_1={CUT(MESSAGE(from),<,2)}) exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALFROM={CUT(ME_1,@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend(${ACTUALFROM},ServiceCenter)
exten => _.,n,Hangup()
exten => _.,n,Hangup()

2 Likes