Free space problem

We are using proxmox

How we can uninstall samba and snmp??

Why? On the current, overfilled disk vm? Thatā€™s not likely to help you, you canā€™t access the gui so you canā€™t remove from the software center and removing it from cli still isnā€™t going to fix your runaway processes. You need to start from scratch like I said before. Step by step.

I looked at the one and only netbios log on one of my servers with a couple of shares, thereā€™s literally 10 lines in it and itā€™s been up for probably a year.

Can you tell wich is the best option:

1. RAID
  2. NOt raid
  3. disk?
    4 Memory?

And we start new instalation.

Regards,

Best option for what?
Why would you select raid in a vm?

Do you know what Raid is?

Post a screenshot of your Zentyal dashboard.

yes!!!

yes what?

That you know what raid is?

What about the other two questions?

First, we use a normal disk configuration and then to raid for different zentyal we have.
In some cases they are sata drives and in other cases we raid.
We do know that it is raid.

@fasttech
the NS 6.8.

install dns and dhcp
and
software center ā€”> update

Now install Basic firewall

Date: 17/06/2016
Time:16:46

In 1 min

987M /var/log/samba

[2016/06/17 16:48:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:213(process_name_registration_request)
process_name_registration_request: unicast name registration request received for name SEC30CDA7340F74<20> from IP 192.168.255.202 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET. Error - should be sent to WINS server

Screenshot of Software Center - Installed as of now.

Is it only that client?
How big is your network, how many clients?
Is your Zentyal your wins server?
Is NS to be a file server? You didnā€™t say that in your previous post, looks like youā€™re just building a filtering gateway.

Sorry we have the same problem with the same printer

Sorry was my fault, in the dhcp server we configured the wins ip server.

Now we are configure the vpn server to monitor this weekend

1.- We start with our zentyal, we turn off the zentyal and start the configuration.
2.- In our office 15 machines + phone
3.- Yes we have windows machine and linux
4.- NO, but when we install vpn the ns install users and group.

After installing our NS, today we start to make test with other zentyal ā€¦ but our ns ran out space

1 Like

Alejandro,
The information you give is disperse and to vague.
And it also does not corroborate with the screenshots.

In your environment are there clients that want to log to the NS ?
Are there scripts that are set to do specific samba connections ? Maybe to many retries.

Maybe you have a virus in your windows machines that tries to connect to any open share and fails. and it retries to connect.

Try to give the details asked in the same matter and without any subtractions if you want help.
Otherwise we canā€™t deduce what is your setup and what you have configured.

1 Check your machines (all of them win/linux)
2 check at which step of the NS install the behavior starts to change (after what setting / module). Post the log here when it starts to build ( 2-3 Mbytes ) do not wait until it reaches 20G!
3 try to isolate the behaviour. (Disconnect all the machines from NS and then add them one by one)
4 Raid is not needed if you use virtualization. Only the Host machine needs to have RAID ( 5 + 1 or 5 + 0) if you have enough drives at your disposition.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Finally the problem was the laser printer trying to connect to the domain that is configured on the server zentyal and I guess as I was not set in NS, it tried to connect all the time and in several hours the root partition filled.
Now this right as shown in the figure below. The facility is check with NS 6.8.

Now trying to configure the openvpn and transparent proxy. Any advice?

Regards,

Aguerra

1 Like

Good to know, please say thank you to these guys who have patiently helped you so far :slight_smile: @Ctek @filippo_carletti @fasttech @jgjimenezs

Please follow the manual and open a new topic if you have any problem.

1 Like

Yesterday tried to find a way to close this post and thank everyone for their patience and still is some concern about finding the solution to the problem. He never had so dedicated support in an open source community.
My experience was with zentyal and now I try to be learning NS.
GUI interface is clean, fast ā€¦ I really like.
I have already set up an openvpn and was really fast.

Again THANK A LOT !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! for all :raised_hands: @Ctek @filippo_carletti @fasttech @jgjimenezs :pray:

4 Likes